GS3 Objective - Chapter IV: The Gravestone on Veteran Difficulty

WHTJunior

So, is this doable at anything other than max level? I have been trying for a few hours to get past the Ancient Iknayid Guardian, with no luck. The adds ruin my chances every time. I even switched roles and gear, to see if that made a difference. I bet you already know the answer to that one, since I am now here, asking about it. ;)

Edited by WHTJunior

Yeah, Veteran is for max level with mid-tier gear. 326 item rating can handle it without much trouble. I'm not saying it can't be done with less though. Some classes do better than others at solo stuff, and some combat encounters might have tricks to make them easier or you might be able to avoid combat with dialogue choices. I just know 326 can do it because I did earlier this year, but never use a healer. You can't outheal the damage done.

Edited by ThanderSnB

i did it on my Juggernaut tank (SW-Darkside) immortal with 330 item spec. I had no problem when I had Lana (companion level 50) or even HK-55 (companion level 20). 

However, when I had to do the one section with Koth I kept dying because Koth kept dying (companion level 18)

I think he's getting back at me because I killed him later in the story 😞

1 hour ago, Shayddow said:

i did it on my Juggernaut tank (SW-Darkside) immortal with 330 item spec. I had no problem when I had Lana (companion level 50) or even HK-55 (companion level 20). 

However, when I had to do the one section with Koth I kept dying because Koth kept dying (companion level 18)

I think he's getting back at me because I killed him later in the story 😞

Best way to complete this mission is on a ranged character (at least in my experience). And about "your" Koth, rank 18 is a bit low, you might want to raise it to at least 20.

Don't do what I did and run the whole chapter then realise you forgot to set it on Vet 😭 But on topic, the difficulty has been increased so you'll need 326 gear - I did the chapters on Vet a years back when they were first introduced and they've been made harder to match lvl 80.  As well as higher gear, I recommend taking some cheap gifts to get the forced-on-you companions influence up if they are low (Koth, Lana).