Companions Cutscene Bugs

IramUnleashed

• 2 months later...

Just to update/add to this report...

Tonite i noticed a new wrinkle on this same bug:  Basically, on the  'Chapter 9: The Alliance'  ( KOTFE ) , during the  'relax in the cantina'  portion , my  HK-51 droid companion  (which is equipped with the 'Dread Master HK customization' )  was  first showing the currently equipped proper customization in the 1st 2 frames of beginning cutscene.  But then,  he started showing as BOTH customizations overlapping within the other while talking dialog in the scene. ( at one point, the original  normal HK-51 model was literally  "inside"  talking within the larger  Dread Master HK customization model ) .

Strangely though, in a later  'meeting' scene inside the Alliance Base phase door area , my HK-51  was showing  customization just fine.  But he also didn't have any dialog in that cutscene, so perhaps that might be the root of the bug?

Lastly, just wanted to link this other related thread as reference: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/907003-companion-armor-cutscene-bug/

Edited by Nee-Elder

it's not just the companions that bug out in cutscenes. Anyone that has tried playing the old origin stories must have seen, for example, the imperial agent pull out their invisible rifle right? being able to choose combat styles as you want has broken the old class cutscenes completely. Sometimes my Gunslinger agent pulls out her pistol, because the agent does have a pistol sidearm in the story, but when you don't have a rifle main weapon, it just breaks. I wish they would redo these scenes with all possible combat styles. I know it's a lot of work, but I'd love it at least.