Subscription purchase issues

CommunityTeam

Sure, but a quick search will show the same payment issues going back to 2013 etc. This is not the first time it has happend to me either (since launch), and I can only assume many others have had the same reaction as I have had over the years "f**k it imma just uninstall and play something else". Issues like these should be fixed, not to mention that the process of getting assistance should be alot easier (especially for people outside of the US). It also does not help that every link goes to a generic help section at EA that does not inform or help in anyway (looking at changing EA account password/knowing what EA acccount is linked to swtor account).

2 minutes ago, warrico said:

Sure, but a quick search will show the same payment issues going back to 2013 etc.

Agreed, but that doesn't change my point, that the people with payment problems are a minority, most likely a *small* minority, and maybe even a *very* small minority.  There are telephone numbers outside the US (in the UK, France and Germany) for assistance, by the way.

• 1 month later...

In case any of the devs are still watching this thread ( @JackieKo ), I am very much convinced the root of this problem is that SWTOR website payment processor does not use 3D Secure Payments, which is now required by EU regulation for all payments (since something like end of October/early November)

This is the reason why Paypal, Steam, etc work (they are all compliant with the directive).

Might be worth looking into, you are likely to see influx of EU players having the problem, as their auto-renewals start failing