Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gearing question For Powertech

Shayddow

5 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

No completely wrong. Avoidence is a stat relic, it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than any non stat tank relic even in 320. Only EVER EVER EVER use shield matrix or avoidance, all other tank relics are garbage.

Right  but how come all  NiM & MM groups always say  "must be at least ____  iRating"  then? :confused:

Wouldn't that mean  the higher  iRating  supercedes the 'avoidence' stat advantage?   That's what i thought the OP was asking about , no?

13 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Right  but how come all  NiM & MM groups always say  "must be at least ____  iRating"  then? :confused:

Wouldn't that mean  the higher  iRating  supercedes the 'avoidence' stat advantage?   That's what i thought the OP was asking about , no?

Multiple factors, for some people (me included) I wouldn't even think about trialing a player with no experience that already shows me via his gear that he has no intention of improving and just wants a carry. 330 gear is really just not that difficult to get and if the person trialing would have put any effort in themselves they would've gotten full 330. 340 is a different story.

Another reason is that someone might get multiple applications for only one raid slot, gear will be the difference here since a higher GS also shows more game knowledge which is always a good thing.

I cannot state how important it is to not make the people that explain the raid feel like they are wasting their time talking. The best way of doing this is to use keybinds, raiders can and will see if someone is clicking or not, so making fake binds won't do much (I've seen this many times) or by asking questions that have some sort of thought behind them, basically someone says "ya you can reflect that aoe as jug" and the question is "can mercs do that too?" than it shows lack of understanding and is a very bad sign, since this information is most likely only important for tanks.

Mistakes that are not red flags is something like using pola in a wrong spot and not getting its full potential, its just something to iron out but depending on the exerpience required to join is a noticable mistake but for a team that is not invite only, a person that doesn't raise any of these red flags is basically the needle in a haystack. And in a team that is invite only usually everybody doesn't really care enough to comment since the mistake won't happen again anyway.

TLDR: its a red flag

10 minutes ago, ZUHFB said:

Multiple factors, for some people (me included) I wouldn't even think about trialing a player with no experience that already shows me via his gear that he has no intention of improving and just wants a carry. 330 gear is really just not that difficult to get and if the person trialing would have put any effort in themselves they would've gotten full 330.

340 is a different story.

Another reason is that someone might get multiple applications for only one raid slot, gear will be the difference here since a higher GS also shows more game knowledge which is always a good thing.

ahh ok,  makes  sense then  yep i hear ya

(Hopefully the OP is reading too lol )

10 hours ago, Shayddow said:

This is for a Tank.

Thyrsian relic of avoidance (328) shows as  >  Supreme Decurion Relic of Reactive Warding (330) & as  > Supreme Decurion of Imperiling Serenity (330)

It's as @ZUHFB said.  As a PvE tank the only two relics you should be using are Avoidance (permanent absorb stat boost) and Shield Matrix (permanent shield stat boost).  Given the current state of gear in SWTOR tanks do not have enough shield and absorption stat points as it is, in my opinion.  All the other tank relics do not provide anywhere near the benefit of these two relics since they only provide a temporary boost instead of a permanent boost.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.