Need some help choosing

Poslednyi_Iz_Vas

Hello everyone!

Just got back after a long break. 

So here's the deal - I mostly played as vengeance jugg and enjoyed it. Then I tried fury mara and enjoyed it as well! So the main thing is - whom to choose for end-game content (including unranked pvp)? Considering that I will master them equally.

Who can put more dps, what about survivability of each spec. Also, do raidgroups take them both for NiM ops? And any suggestions if they're going to be nerfed? I heard that fury mara is best dps now, but for how long? While jagg is average but stable.

Also that would be nice if you give more details rather than saying "Mara is best" or "jugg is best". Thank you! 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:34 AM, Poslednyi_Iz_Vas said:

Just got back after a long break. 

So here's the deal - I mostly played as vengeance jugg and enjoyed it. Then I tried fury mara and enjoyed it as well! So the main thing is - whom to choose for end-game content (including unranked pvp)? Considering that I will master them equally.

Who can put more dps, what about survivability of each spec. Also, do raidgroups take them both for NiM ops?

And any suggestions if they're going to be nerfed? I heard that fury mara is best dps now, but for how long? While jagg is average but stable.

Also that would be nice if you give more details rather than saying "Mara is best" or "jugg is best".

First, welcome back! :D  Secondly, best bet always is to ignore what the FOTM  "experts" say and just  test things out yourself  in-game.  (since your skill-set & playstyle & such is unique unto YOU) .  Third, for more info/details check out this section: https://forums.swtor.com/forum/194-combat-styles/

On 9/30/2022 at 9:34 AM, Poslednyi_Iz_Vas said:

And any suggestions if they're going to be nerfed?

As for possible upcoming "nerfs" , check this specific thread here: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/924749-planned-balance-changes-for-711/

Just now, Nee-Elder said:

First, welcome back! :D  Secondly, best bet always is to ignore what the FOTM  "experts" say and just  test things out yourself  in-game.  (since your skill-set & playstyle & such is unique unto YOU) .  Third, for more info/details check out this section: https://forums.swtor.com/forum/194-combat-styles/

As for possible upcoming "nerfs" , check this specific thread here: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/924749-planned-balance-changes-for-711/

Thank you!

On 9/30/2022 at 12:34 PM, Poslednyi_Iz_Vas said:

Who can put more dps

Currently, all 3 Marauder specs parse higher than both 2 Juggernaut dps specs. However, Vengeance Juggernaut has a niche in that it has really really strong aoe damage. Neither of Juggernaut dps specs are bad for single target dps, they're both about average.

what about survivability of each spec

Marauder has some of the best defensives of any class in PvE. It is also much stronger than Jugg defensive wise in PvP. Jugg is not terrible defensive wise in PvE, although it does struggle some in PvP.

do raidgroups take them both for NiM ops

Yes. Marauders are typically more in demand, although there are certain (aoe heavy) boss fights where Jugg is preferred. You will be able to find a NiM progression team playing either class.

fury mara is best dps now

It's not, Annihilation is for high end PvE (nim ops). This is due to the huge amount of offheals that Annihilation does. Fury mara is very good as well, but it's not far and away better than other dps specs like Anni is.

While jugg is average but stable

I would say Mara is more stable. It's hard to imagine Annihilation not being viable unless they completely gut its offhealing. And even if they do gut its offhealing, it will still most likely have very strong damage on top of very strong defensives.