Mission are far, far too expensive

Sazodeha

Crafting has always been a money sink in each game I have ever played that has had crafting in it. This is no different. It is not for everyone either. To those that it is not for, it will indeed be expensive in their eyes. To others, it is the nature of the beast.

What gets expensive is the upper levels of training. 50k+ for a small handful of higher level schematics can break someones bank. Knowing how to manage your crew missions usually does not.

Pro-tip, don't pick up crafting/gathering skills until you have the money to support it. If you do not buy anything off the AH, and sell most of what you get from quests/pick ups, you will have a lot of money.

I was level 49 last night when I picked up my gathering and crafting professions. I have over 650k now at level 50 (was over a million but abilities cost a lot), and I am around 240 in armor tech, underworld trading, and scavenging. Trying to sell most of what you get from those missions is not even worth it (on my server at least). The price at which they sell tends to be lower or equal to the price of the mission.

This just means get a lot of credits and grind to 400, or go out in the world and pick up the mats your self. Money is so easy to obtain in this game I do not even understand why people complain they don't have enough.

Edited by engrey

...the first game in the history of MMO's where you can't and literally cannot farm materials and get skills up for no cost it's expensive...

You realize this is 100% wrong, right? There are gathering nodes in the game for every gathering skill.

Money is easy to come by when you pvp a lot so to the PvPers that commented about having a lot of money you are not on the same page as people who do not PvP. On the other hand, to the OP, there are nodes all over the 1st 2 worlds you vistit. I maxed out Scavenging and Bio harvesting stuff. Just have to look for the Star icons on the mini map.

nice little tip also. If you hand gather materials it is free and sometimes you will get 2 different things and up to 3 of an item. If you craft a lot of greens and reverse engineer them several times you can get schematics for a better version of that item with more stats. First blue, then you reverse engineer blues for purple schems and the purple gear can sell for decent amount of credits in Auction. If the missions didnt cost money then you could do them over and over for nothing which is technically a hand out. If you cant work for it then dont use them. Dont use your companions or do missions. You dont have to. There is no rule in the game that says you have to use a companion or craft anything.

You had no money issues?

I'd love to see how that happened.

Just today, I got my Trooper to 16. When I came in from Justicar Territory, I had about 14,000 credits.

I trained up. That took me down to about 10,000.

Then I trained up crafting I was behind on. That took me down to 7,000.

I hadn't gotten enough crafting mats while I was out, everything was picked over. So I had to send out my companion to gather more, to get my character caught up to where he needs to be gear wise through my crafting.

I now have about 4500 credits left.

Didn't buy a thing off the Trader, my gear is still way behind where it should be, and while I can now craft Level 15 items, I don't have the mats to do it anymore because I had to use them to level my crafting up to that point.

I am beyond frustrated at this point, and considering just dropping crafting on ALL my characters because it is so incredibly expensive and nets you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You can't keep it up enough to gear yourself, and you can't make any money at it either, instead, spending a fortune to level it.

Crafting in other MMOs was never this penalizing. :mad:

So what your saying is you wanted to not spend money on the optional things.

Training is like eating IRL you are gonna have to spend money on that at some point its given. Crafting is an optional thing you could choose to spend the money now or wait till you gain more. I did everything in waves. I planned ahead knowing what i needed to save money for

Just my 2 cents. The missions, treasure hunting and the like, cost way too much. 550 credits to end up with 2 power crystals?? Please make them more reasonable.

You're doing something wrong.

In beta, it was much, much worse. The last build they had made it better and the costs reasonable.

You don't need to worry about trying to get blues early on because you'll just end up replacing that item within a day or two. Wait until you get into your 30's or so if you are having money problems to worry about them.

Don't run the gathering missions at all if you are - they are pointless. Just gather from nodes in the world.

I had absolutely no money problems at release and I went armormech, UW trading and scavenging. I scavenged nodes in the game only. Zero missions done for it. Armormech I would craft gear I would use then level up using the schematic that used the least mats. And UW I would level up doing the cheaper of the missions just to get the points but never sent anyone out to do them unless I was questing/grinding so I had income coming in to offset the charges.

Never a problem with credits. Got my bike at 25 and bought some upgrades from the speciality vendors to boot.

So what your saying is you wanted to not spend money on the optional things.

Training is like eating IRL you are gonna have to spend money on that at some point its given. Crafting is an optional thing you could choose to spend the money now or wait till you gain more. I did everything in waves. I planned ahead knowing what i needed to save money for

Oh and I don't know for other classes, but for BH, there's quite a few skills we don't really need to put points into once we get upgraded abilities. IF you have abilities you aren't using and you are training them to the upgraded level, I would say thats not particularly wise either. Only buy the upgrades on skills you are using and skill that have a purpose. 7k credits to upgrade a knockback ability's damage by 10 really isn't worth the money - you aren't using the ability for damage, you're using it for the knockback. Upgrade it later if you feel you are missing out on something.