A question about transfering a character to another server...

Tiger_Blue

I have a doubt about transfering a character from a server to another server.

Let's say that I want to transfer a character, but the thing is that I want to transfer it with several set parts, to be more specific the Remnant sets that I have aquired them from the boxes by doing heroic missions and those set parts are "Bound to Legacy", so my question is: When transferring the character, everything you have in your inventory as well as in your personal Cargo Hold is transferred? If this is the case, Can I use this equipment sets that are "Bound to Legacy" on my characters from said new server?

Can I use this equipment sets that are "Bound to Legacy" on my characters from said new server?

If currently wearing any legacy-bound items, whatever is worn will transfer and be on your character afterward.

Regarding cartel market armor sets, if wearing portions of a set not unlocked in collections, know that all pieces of a given set must be worn all at once by one particular character. If you have the helmet and chest slot item on your character, but forget and leave the bracers behind in your legacy bank, you won't have a full set to unlock.

Armor sets, weapons, and other items already unlocked in collections are server-wide and you have access to them everywhere.

What's transferred:

1. Personal inventory, regardless of status (bound, legacy)

2. Personal cargo hold, also regardless of status

3. Credits on your character and in your personal cargo hold

4. Your legacy level, all achievements, and legacy-level unlocks (such as rocket boost and quick travel pay-downs)

5. Your strongholds if purchased with cartel coins (if not you must repurchase at the full price on the new server)

6. Any stronghold decoration tokens that you consumed

What's not transferred:

1. Whatever is in your inbox

2. Your guild affiliations

3. The contents of your legacy bank

4. Contents in your currency window (slot tokens, resource matrix tokens, tech frags, etc.)

5. Strongholds purchased with credits (unlocked rooms are still there, but you must repurchase the SH itself)

6. Your outiftter configurations. The slots are there that you may have unlocked, but the gear isn't. Be sure to have that with your character so you can costume your character again on the destination server.

Regarding decoration counts in your legacy, a transfer tallies stronghold items based on which server's legacy had the most of a given item at the time of transfer:

If on the original server you had 5 chairs of a particular kind, and on the destination server you also have 5 of that same chair, you will have 5 upon transferring, not 10.

If on the original server you had 10 chairs of a particular kind, and 5 on the destination server, you will have 10 on the destination server after the transfer.

Edited by xordevoreaux

If you have all the parts, put down the 10 cartel coins and you can have these sets account wide, not just legacy.

Push the little Dollar sign for the cartel market in your ribbon, go to "Collections", hit "armor", hit "remnant sets", and then look for any you can unlock.:cool:

When transferring the character, everything you have in your inventory as well as in your personal Cargo Hold is transferred?

That's right, including the credits that the character is carrying, but *not* including the contents of your Legacy storage, not the legacy materials storage either.

If this is the case, Can I use this equipment sets that are "Bound to Legacy" on my characters from said new server?

The simple answer is that yes, you can. As part of the transfer process, the items will become bound to the legacy on the other server.

Items that transfer with your character

• Equipment worn by your character
  • Items in the character inventory
  • Items in the character bank
  • Credits on the character

Items that do not transfer with your character

• Legacy Bound currencies (conquest event tokens, gear upgrade tokens, etc)
  • Items in your legacy bank
  • Credits in your legacy bank
  • Items in your guild bank
  • Credits in your guild bank
  • Resources stored in your legacies Crafting Materials Inventory
  • Mail and items attached to mail
  • Active auctions on the GTN

as a side note, when you transfer servers your outfits are all deleted unless this changed in 7.0.

Edited by illgot

.... When transferring the character, everything you have in your inventory as well as in your personal Cargo Hold is transferred? If this is the case, Can I use this equipment sets that are "Bound to Legacy" on my characters from said new server?

Yes.. have done this many times. Your character becomes part of the legacy there.

every item you have unlocked in collections including those sets will be unlocked on the new server. I have transferred alts in the past.

That's true whether you transfer a character or just start playing, because the X number of CC "unlock for all" is, in fact "unlock for the whole account", and not just on this server.