My Solution to the Inflation and pile of credits

Retneprac

If for one month, the team would make Hypercrates purchasable with in game credits, for an inflated amount, let's say 6-8 Billion credits per hypercrate. My theory is we will see an inflation correction in 2 months. Anybody?

Given that a character can carry a maximum of a little bit less than 4.3 billion credits, your suggested price is ... off.

And it would be a one-off shock to the inflated economy that wouldn't stop the economy from reinflating once they stopped the offer.

So how about 4 Billion +100 Cartel Coins?

Steve is right, clearing the credit glut just once doesn't solve how the glut occurred in the first place and it'll simply happen again. Something systematic, long-term would need to be implemented, not a one-and-done credit sink.

How about a the government stop printing to much money?

Make credits drop randomly like other loot. Credits would drop for smaller amounts, and not every NPC would have credits on them.

Vendor trash is too valuable. Maybe lower the value of vendor trash. I don't know about you guys, but I treat green item drops like vendor trash, too. So, maybe make green and blue item drops a bit more rare.

That would dry up the money supply. People would start to be more careful about how they spend their credits. That would force GTN prices down, while also raising the value of the, now a bit rarer, green and blue items.

EDIT:

In addition to wiping the accounts of gold farmer / sellers. How about the buyers of illicit gold have their entire savings confiscated by the government. They don't lose their items. They lose all but 1,000,000 credits across their entire legacy.

"You have been identified as a buyer of illegal credits. This is your first and last warning. A repeat offense will result in termination of your account."

The Legacy owner would then find all of their toons flat broke, and only 1,000,000 credits in their legacy account.

Edited by WorldSmasher