Coruscant Revamp

kyledll

I would love to see a revamp of Coruscant in the next expansion. I think something of a revamp is required because it sure does feel like something is missing from the Coruscant map, I think in terms of continuity. There will need to be a revamp for the open world area of Coruscant. I would also like to see the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to get rebuilt so we can go there in-game and roleplay to our heart’s content.

What kind of revamp do you have in mind? (As it stands, you're just asking them to change it in some way, which is likely to end badly.)

What's missing?

As for the Jedi Temple, first off, neither the Republic nor the Jedi themselves seem interested in rebuilding it, but also the game has the classic problem that infests almost all MMORPG maps, what I call "frozen in time".(1)

Each map, in essence, exists at a particular point in time. In the case of most of Coruscant, that time is "when the player character classes were doing their Coruscant class story", while the Senate Tower area is largely time-independent.

I'm interested in how you'd propose that BioWare fix up a rebuilt Jedi Temple that isn't hidden behind a phase wall, but that doesn't exhibit the problem that GW2 has, discussed in footnote (1) below.

(1) Even the Living World stuff in GW2 doesn't (except Season 1) change the maps. Season 1 permanently changed the maps even for new characters who haven't reached that point. It looks really weird when you do Personal Story segments in Lion's Arch, and those segments take place in the "before it was rebuilt" time, all sepia-tinted and, well, unshiny. I was there at the very beginning, so I know *why* it's like that, but it has to be confusing for new players.