Fix PVP choices for 4v4 or 8v8 where we can ignore one or the other.

Jarbarian

Here's where Blizzard stomps on Bioware for PVP.

You can:

a) Choose to play 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5. Rated or non rated. They may have taken 2v2 away, still better than a Bioware random 4v4 or 8v8 where the teams are wildly unbalanced, as is always the case with Bioware.

b) You can play whatever map you want to play. You can exclude maps you dont want to play in.

c) You can play large maps, 20v20 or 40v40.

d) You can change specs BEFORE the match begins, that way if you need a healer or tank you can change your roll to one of them. That includes changing to the proper outfit. Bioware already has LOADOUTS for this, just allow it in game, within the 2 minutes the match starts.

Bioware has none of that. They have 4v4 and 8v8 where the comps are so dis proportionally unbalanced, half the under-geared team that is getting roflstomped leaves. Then it's a 3v8 or 2v4 match.

If Bioware spent 0.000% of the time working on PVP as they do on (barf) PVE, this game would be a lot better. Take the lessons Bioware. Make PVP Great Again (MPGA!)

This is not blizzard....in fact, blizzard sucks! I would not give activision, nor blizzard, a single cent. I was a part of that crappy crew back in the day. Not anymore.....

atleast blizzard has 10v10 ranked lol taking away 8v8 was a dumb idea.

Doesn't matter about Blzzard other than the fact they allow you to do far more things in PVP that BW won't allow. Their PVP system is set up better and you have more options. The best of all being able to change spec mid match if you find you are facing a rated type comp (healer/tank/2 DPS) where your team is not.

Seriously. this should be addressed. Bring in 2v2 (unrated/rated) and 3v3 (unrated/rated) so we have actually have some fun instead of the same old BS of 4v4 and 8v8. Give us something other than the same 12 year old manure.

You don't think being forced into pvp styles they hate has a role to play in that?

What you fail to realize is the people posting complaints on this forum mostly don't like to PVP, they want to spend minimum effort completing weeklies, dailies, etc. Thats why you see many complaints with convoluted inarticulate suggestions about devs creating this special queueing system so they don't actually have to pvp. What people SHOULD be complaining about is class imbalance, that's the actual issue with pvp in this game.

Edited by Uuno

What you fail to realize is the people posting complaints on this forum mostly don't like to PVP, they want to spend minimum effort completing weeklies, dailies, etc. Thats why you see many complaints with convoluted inarticulate suggestions about devs creating this special queueing system so they don't actually have to pvp. What people SHOULD be complaining about is class imbalance, that's the actual issue with pvp in this game.

^ %100 this.

I'm sure what is being ask is an equal fair match, Skilled should not be matched with Unskill

dead on on the unbalance classes. Unfortunately the fix for that is limit types of classes that could be entering. A lot of operatives will be waiting in Que then

Man i've played this game since launch. I was present at the exodus when arena was introduced. 4v4 highlights and emphasizes all class imbalance. If class imbalance is the big bad, then a migration back to 8v8 is the solution. Arenas, and the psychology solo ranked arena play instills in the playerbase are more to blame for the struggles of pvp population than anything else.

Man i've played this game since launch. I was present at the exodus when arena was introduced. 4v4 highlights and emphasizes all class imbalance. If class imbalance is the big bad, then a migration back to 8v8 is the solution. Arenas, and the psychology solo ranked arena play instills in the playerbase are more to blame for the struggles of pvp population than anything else.

Weird flex but alright. I havent played since launch, but Im familiar enough with mmo pvp to see unbalanced classes easy enough. You are 100% correct in your assessments of the issues. 8v8 would be the answer.

I'm sure what is being ask is an equal fair match, Skilled should not be matched with Unskill

dead on on the unbalance classes. Unfortunately the fix for that is limit types of classes that could be entering. A lot of operatives will be waiting in Que then

What determines "skilled"? We all had 10-79 to learn our classes, whos fault is it if you arent ready? Some WZ I am top dps, others Im mid. Ive practiced clicking glowing boxes for 79 levels? Am I skilled? Fair isnt a thing, not in gaming nor life in general. Someone will always be better than you at something.

clicking [...] Am I skilled?

No, you are not and furthermore this is also the case for all people who do not use keybinds.

Skill is not the ability to play your class without error, it is to also play the enemies class without error and then see what they do wrong and punish that very mistake. Waste root break? Get rooted, waste breaker? Die in a stunlock. Seeing and doing things like that is what is skill, rolling around while immune in huttball is not.

8v8 man... I wonder how many people would get smashed to bits if the "toxic ranked premades" would be actually trying when it would be 8v8 ranked. I just want to see a Team Prum vs. Team Snave 8v8 Voidstar or something, I want to see how hard snave would lose.

Edited by ZUHFB

What you fail to realize is the people posting complaints on this forum mostly don't like to PVP, they want to spend minimum effort completing weeklies, dailies, etc. Thats why you see many complaints with convoluted inarticulate suggestions.

Literally three posts later....

Arenas, and the psychology solo ranked arena play instills in the playerbase are more to blame for the struggles of pvp population than anything else.

No, you are not and furthermore this is also the case for all people who do not use keybinds.

Skill is not the ability to play your class without error, it is to also play the enemies class without error and then see what they do wrong and punish that very mistake. Waste root break? Get rooted, waste breaker? Die in a stunlock. Seeing and doing things like that is what is skill, rolling around while immune in huttball is not.

8v8 man... I wonder how many people would get smashed to bits if the "toxic ranked premades" would be actually trying when it would be 8v8 ranked. I just want to see a Team Prum vs. Team Snave 8v8 Voidstar or something, I want to see how hard snave would lose.

For clarity I was refering to the glowing obj's, not abilities.

Edited by Uuno

Fair isnt a thing, not in gaming nor life in general. Someone will always be better than you at something.

what you are implying is that 24YO Pro boxer against a 4YO is normal, because that what your getting at with that, in this topic/debate

you're not wrong , if it was a different Topic, and happen to be in the right context

. . . . = = = = . .. .

ok maybe more information to understand

any one can join after they make lvl 10, they get rated up to 80, what would their Stats be ? and compare: to someone who is actually level 80

Matchmaker does Okay with this, unless there is a season group in Queue and low population.

Time/Experience/ and we might add Gear (item rating) close to equal would be a better match.

= = = = = = == = = = =

if I was just to go off the title here, the Title was suggesting to add a toggle to either do just 4v4 or 8v8, able to turn off one or the other.

It could be they cannot fill a 8v8 group at the moment, but a 4v4 they can, and don't want PUGs in their team, So they just want to do a 4v4.

That's what I get, just from the title

Edited by Achnaatthree

what you are implying is that 24YO Pro boxer against a 4YO is normal, because that what your getting at with that, in this topic/debate

you're not wrong , if it was a different Topic, and happen to be in the right context

. . . . = = = = . .. .

ok maybe more information to understand

any one can join after they make lvl 10, they get rated up to 80, what would their Stats be ? and compare: to someone who is actually level 80

Matchmaker does Okay with this, unless there is a season group in Queue and low population.

Time/Experience/ and we might add Gear (item rating) close to equal would be a better match.

= = = = = = == = = = =

if I was just to go off the title here, the Title was suggesting to add a toggle to either do just 4v4 or 8v8, able to turn off one or the other.

It could be they cannot fill a 8v8 group at the moment, but a 4v4 they can, and don't want PUGs in their team, So they just want to do a 4v4.

That's what I get, just from the title

There are 3 pvp brackets, no level 10 is going against a true lvl 80. 10-44, 45-79 and 80. All brackets bolster you to 80 in regards to stats. At level 15 you have nearly all your abilities, granted your skill tree is lacking a great deal but you still are competitive.

Using your analogy a 24yr old pro boxer trained to fight, if a 24yr old couch potato starts a fight with him and gets torn to shreds who fault is it? The guy who practiced to be a fighter or the potato? They both had the choice to train to fight, one spent time doing so, the other decided to fight without. As I said before, everyone had the same opportunity to train for pvp, from 10-79, before entering max level WZ. It absolutely isn't the fault of the guy who practiced pvping that someone else is bad.

...Stuff . . .

LOL . . okay I see it would be better discussing with a cat . .at least they look like they understand

you don't even have half your abilities at 15, you'll have 4 at most (not included are buffs in that number), things have changed .

I suspect it was PUG, but once there was a lvl 60, on the team of 2 30's something and a 19, or the Bracket thing didn't work in this case. Everyone was rated up to 80, not there Item rating, it still showed let say 27 30, 32, 48, so do they still have that item rating ? I don't always have time to look at the other teams level, if there is time outside a 4v4, because in the 4v4 one, their clickable/Targeted before the actual match start . .in match too, but does one really have time to pause to look

And the couch potato, would still win against the 4 yo, unless the Couch Potato is a Quadriplegia, it was boxing, now in gaming, that's a different story, possible anyone's game, chances are to the Couch Potato, cuz,he's just been gaming sitting on the couch, and got gud. Tho again unless they're a Quadriplegia

now say your bit, let us go back to this topic

Here's where Blizzard stomps on Bioware for PVP.

You can:

a) Choose to play 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5. Rated or non rated. They may have taken 2v2 away, still better than a Bioware random 4v4 or 8v8 where the teams are wildly unbalanced, as is always the case with Bioware.

b) You can play whatever map you want to play. You can exclude maps you dont want to play in.

c) You can play large maps, 20v20 or 40v40.

d) You can change specs BEFORE the match begins, that way if you need a healer or tank you can change your roll to one of them. That includes changing to the proper outfit. Bioware already has LOADOUTS for this, just allow it in game, within the 2 minutes the match starts.

Bioware has none of that. They have 4v4 and 8v8 where the comps are so dis proportionally unbalanced, half the under-geared team that is getting roflstomped leaves. Then it's a 3v8 or 2v4 match.

If Bioware spent 0.000% of the time working on PVP as they do on (barf) PVE, this game would be a lot better. Take the lessons Bioware. Make PVP Great Again (MPGA!)

Edited by Achnaatthree

I am flattered by your frequent mentioning of me, but it's a 8v8 match lol, pinning it on any individual player is kinda stupid right? But I can understand why you would think they way you do.

Plus, Prum has too many friends to make an 8 man team.

Just reading your post is pretty funny tbh.

I am flattered by your frequent mentioning of me, but it's a 8v8 match lol, pinning it on any individual player is kinda stupid right? But I can understand why you would think they way you do.

Plus, Prum has too many friends to make an 8 man team.

Just reading your post is pretty funny tbh.

I hope prum, nike and biggs shadowcraft spike you at the same time.

Also: thanks, I am hilarious and delightful.

I hope prum, nike and biggs shadowcraft spike you at the same time.

Also: thanks, I am hilarious and delightful.

You are certainly hilarious. You're not a clown, you are the entire circus, which is appropriate seeing as you listed the entire circus as needed to take me down.

I actually feel bad for biggs being tangentially related to you.

You are certainly hilarious. You're not a clown, you are the entire circus, which is appropriate seeing as you listed the entire circus as needed to take me down.

I actually feel bad for biggs being tangentially related to you.

Epic! Snave, I respect the heck out of your comment.

For the record, no one here respects WoW and the trash they promote. I played arenas in wow for years, came to swtor, and never looked back.

Wow pvp is clunky, slow, and just not very good.