The Heartbreaking State of SWTOR

ReveredDead

The players care more about the game than the developers do. That is the problem.

Yes the players WANT to play. Where is our Community Manager? With all the love we are willing to give this game the silence is worrying. Surely there is something that is being done behind the scenes - some news to impart.

They say "no news is good news" - its not.

About that Josh guy, I can't trust someone that plays with ONE skillbar and camera at 19% by default.

He didn't even did the very basic of any game, he didn't check the options.

That Bellular guy didn't do a single raid, pvp, datacron hunt, crafting, events, alts, world boss. Nothing, he did not play any of the MMO part of the game.

He did the story on one character and that's it. I watched his video, he used auto-attack 8 times in a row then said "combat is not engaging". Tell me how can I take this guy's word serious?

I think The Lazy Peon did a much better video than these two.

Yes the players WANT to play. Where is our Community Manager? With all the love we are willing to give this game the silence is worrying. Surely there is something that is being done behind the scenes - some news to impart.

They say "no news is good news" - its not.

No news is neither good nor bad. It's the norm. I don't remember a time when BW was ever good at communicating, though there were certainly many one-time occasions when they promised to communicate more and then never followed up. If they release it, they'll let us know a week beforehand, perhaps. And if the game shuts down they will also let us know a week beforehand.

This forum is like "we just wanna know what's going on" but do we really. Would it make you feel better if they said "oh we have like 1-2 programmers working part-time to make 7.1, that's why it's so slow. And we didn't start work on 7.1 until March and we only work on the game development like 10 hours / week, and we got the midsummer date as a directive from EA but we aren't setting a firm date because we're not sure when it will be done and we've already broken one deadline and that makes us look bad, as does telling you how bad things really are."

Edited by Ardrossan

About that Josh guy, I can't trust someone that plays with ONE skillbar and camera at 19% by default.

He didn't even did the very basic of any game, he didn't check the options.

That Bellular guy didn't do a single raid, pvp, datacron hunt, crafting, events, alts, world boss. Nothing, he did not play any of the MMO part of the game.

He did the story on one character and that's it. I watched his video, he used auto-attack 8 times in a row then said "combat is not engaging". Tell me how can I take this guy's word serious?

I think The Lazy Peon did a much better video than these two.

he was very kind to swtor, you're just a hater.

The truly sad part is that many love swtor and believe is a great game, yet EA does not give it enough support like it deserves.

EA gave enough support to SWTOR but sadly developer team and producers failed to make correct moves. EA gave them biggest game budget till that time and BW created a ****** game. When new starwars movies were coming EA again gave them budget and yet again they failed to meet player expectations. Sorry but EA publicly traded company and by law if they do anything that causes company lose money they are commiting crime and believe me giving these team any money is same as throwing it to a fire. Biggest problem is all those years SWTOR team ignored community they always acted their own ways and they failed. Best thing EA can do for this game firing current management but they know this game has no future so they wont send any talented person here. Only people to blame this *****how is swtor producers. Let me ask you a question when you have limited resourses is it wise to spend all your developement time for double class choice when everyone has 20-30 toons intead of making actual content?

EA gave enough support to SWTOR but sadly developer team and producers failed to make correct moves. EA gave them biggest game budget till that time and BW created a ****** game. When new starwars movies were coming EA again gave them budget and yet again they failed to meet player expectations. Sorry but EA publicly traded company and by law if they do anything that causes company lose money they are commiting crime and believe me giving these team any money is same as throwing it to a fire. Biggest problem is all those years SWTOR team ignored community they always acted their own ways and they failed. Best thing EA can do for this game firing current management but they know this game has no future so they wont send any talented person here. Only people to blame this *****how is swtor producers. Let me ask you a question when you have limited resources is it wise to spend all your development time for double class choice when everyone has 20-30 toons instead of making actual content?

I think that is it right there. EA gave them a blank check and Bioware Austin didn't take advantage of it and failed the past 3-4 years of development. Thus EA probably yanked much of their funding so now the developers are just half assing everything. It's a spitting shame cause this game could've been 3 times better off right now if it had the money, passion and talent to drive it.

I think that is it right there. EA gave them a blank check and Bioware Austin didn't take advantage of it and failed the past 3-4 years of development. Thus EA probably yanked much of their funding so now the developers are just half assing everything. It's a spitting shame cause this game could've been 3 times better off right now if it had the money, passion and talent to drive it.

kieth is a passionate guy. he has 150 characters at level 70! :D

Maybe he should spend more time working on the game. If he has 150 toons you can be sure most of them are unplayed most of the time. And lets say he is passionate about his role, why isn't he in here addressing our concerns.

Maybe he should spend more time working on the game. If he has 150 toons you can be sure most of them are unplayed most of the time. And lets say he is passionate about his role, why isn't he in here addressing our concerns.

he is too busy celebrating the tenth anniversary of swtor with eric and charles

If he actually played the game and saw bugs and problems he would ask his team to fix them so i dont believe he actually playes it.

It's really a shame. Where's community management trying to spin positives, where's project management who should be the face of updates, where's follow up from all the things that were promised in the streams early on. The lack of communication and transparency is truly killing the game that we do want to succeed but they haven't come close to delivering to us what a "Year long celebration for 10 years" and it's truly not worth putting any money into something managed like this

It's really a shame. Where's community management trying to spin positives, where's project management who should be the face of updates, where's follow up from all the things that were promised in the streams early on. The lack of communication and transparency is truly killing the game that we do want to succeed but they haven't come close to delivering to us what a "Year long celebration for 10 years" and it's truly not worth putting any money into something managed like this

It's because they don't care. At all. We should've had a dev stream by now.

Truly, if SWTOR got the support other MMORPGs seem to get, I wouldn't even be wasting my time playing these other MMOs. That is in spite of the fact that they are all good in their own way, and thus enjoyable all the same. I was into World of Pet Battles not too long ago, as well as World of Auto Loaders. Before that, No Voice Acting But Your Character is Gorgeous XIV. And before that, Loading Screens Online aka Meta Builds Online. The Division 1 & 2 are great, and I am currently focused on those. I also recently acquainted myself with the Test Drive Unlimited franchise. I'll still play SWTOR for the story, PvP, and GSF. I don't know if I'll ever touch PvE again, and if my sub were to ever lapse "for real this time", troll the forums with my Flashfirey shenanigans. So yeah, I'm going full casual until things change for the better. Then maybe I'll play every day like I used to and forget that other MMOs exist.

SWTOR is still a great game.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

As long as we all keep playing, the game will most likely continue. Also, every time a new Star Wars show comes out on Netflix, Disney+, etc, it brings a ton of new players. Now that Steam is connected to SWTOR, more new players are trying the game than ever before. So things aren't so bad, yea it would be nice for more story but for now it's good enough I guess

As long as we all keep playing, the game will most likely continue.

But thats the point. Steamcharts indicate that almost 1/3 of the players left after 7.0. And the game continues losing players - only the Obi-Wan show stopped this trend for quitea while. And if you look at the inflation in the GTN, the pops of VM/MM FPs or WZs the situation seems dire.

Edited by Xhuuyaa

But thats the point. Steamcharts indicate that almost 1/3 of the players left after 7.0. And the game continues losing players - only the Obi-Wan show stopped this trend for quitea while. And if you look at the inflation in the GTN, the pops of VM/MM FPs or WZs the situation seems dire.

The Steam charts show that the base level of players May/June 2022 is about the same as May/June 2021. So, no overall mass exodus. Sorry.

The Steam charts show that the base level of players May/June 2022 is about the same as May/June 2021. So, no overall mass exodus. Sorry.

only a small section of players plays on steam. mostly the players who havent been playing swtor for years. the ones who use the regular launcher and who have been playing for years are quitting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.