Names are a problem

Without wishing any disrespect, this:

There are so many options for names I really don't understand why these threads come up every now and then.

Is in direct contradiction to this:

People really need to stop using existing Star Wars names for their characters.

You very much *do* understand...

(Sorry, being cynical again...)

That's because it DOESN'T work outside of double xp. I've tested it, not sure why so many players think it does anything.

I've used it for literal years, on multiple characters, and it works. It keeps me at or below level even doing all quests, sidequests and occasional pvp. Recently I leveled a SW keeping it on from level 1 and I finished Corellia at lvl 47. Then I did an Agent, same thing, except I turned it off at lvl 40, and finished Corellia at lvl 51. If I put it on at level 1, I finish the starter planet at lvl 10-11, depending on if I do any heroics.

It's possible that it just doesn't work for subs, or that rested xp interferes somehow. Subs get 50% more xp than F2P and it's possible that's baked into the code somehow and neutralizes the WAM. It's also possible that you're using xp boosts or dark vs light armor, I don't know, and to be honest I don't care. Believe me or don't. It works for me and I recommend it to players who want a gradual leveling experience. If it works for them, great. If it doesn't, sucks to be them.

Edited by Ardrossan

No. It should not automatically take the names away. It should leave the names in place unless another player tries to use it, and take it *then* and not before. (No point in taking the name away *just* because the character hasn't been played in a while.)

At no point did I mention just taking the names away, i said they should have the option to be taken as in if someone then tried to use the same name it would take the place of the inactive one. Could even issue a warning on load screen when names are nearing that period.

Also If you haven't played an alt in 3 years and loved the name ,it's not that precious. Name your main it or log the character more often because someone might love the name a little more than that.

Edited by NOFORKNKNIFE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.