SWTOR Central Network nails it with latest (possibly last?) YT vid

JepFareborn

He isn't just some rando, he was part of the influencer program iirc. Bro has been jaded for a while, and while the salt is undeniable when watching his videos addressing his personal issues with the dev team or other creators, he's making points. Watch the whole thing, its a short video and lasts longer than LoS. If its tiresome for you, you can just close your eyes and avoid the thread, but know that these things come out of frustration for a game we all love. If he went on a incoherent tear about things that would benefit no one but himself and pin that on the devs to say why the game is dying, then I'd get it, but he's only made sound critiques imo.

As far as I am concerned he is just a rando. Nothing more. His opinion has no more influence on me than anyone else. He really came across as BW are not doing what I want so one else can like this game. Well who cares, I don't. I will play until it's not fun for me. Then more onto something else. I certainly don't need this person or anyone else to tell me what I want, what I can enjoy or anything else.

A influencer? HA

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I am concerned he is just a rando. Nothing more. His opinion has no more influence on me than anyone else. He really came across as BW are not doing what I want so one else can like this game. Well who cares, I don't. I will play until it's not fun for me. Then more onto something else. I certainly don't need this person or anyone else to tell me what I want, what I can enjoy or anything else.

A influencer? HA

Ok buddy calm down. You do realize that content creator do have that very role? You not caring about him is cool, but you have to see that other people do and this will effect the game if you like it or not. The truth is that his words do have more meaning than yours because (afaik) he was endorsed by the devs just like swtorista or mark biggs, if they give feedback it's just not some rando. When those people give feedback they speak for their entire community, not just themselves.

Ok buddy calm down. You do realize that content creator do have that very role? You not caring about him is cool, but you have to see that other people do and this will effect the game if you like it or not. The truth is that his words do have more meaning than yours because (afaik) he was endorsed by the devs just like swtorista or mark biggs, if they give feedback it's just not some rando. When those people give feedback they speak for their entire community, not just themselves.

I liked Dulfy, before she burnt out, Vulkk, and snave who is pretty amusing. I don't know these other influencers, nor do I care what they think or how many followers they have. You seem to assume quite a lot about player's opinions and what they deem important. Like many on this forum, you confuse your own interests with those of a hypothetical wider community. Who cares if they get endorsed by the devs? If anything, that's a good reason not to listen to anything they say.

I liked Dulfy, before she burnt out, Vulkk, and snave who is pretty amusing. I don't know these other influencers, nor do I care what they think or how many followers they have. You seem to assume quite a lot about player's opinions and what they deem important. Like many on this forum, you confuse your own interests with those of a hypothetical wider community. Who cares if they get endorsed by the devs? If anything, that's a good reason not to listen to anything they say.

Snave is not a content creator.

It's fine that you don't care about them, but in swtoristas case 166000 people care or used to care, saying her opinion is on the same level to the devs as yours is just delusion.

I confuse my interests? If I were to speak what I truly believe and the devs would listen to me nobody would play this game, what I want isn't important nor should the devs balance or prioritize the content I like. My interest is that there is a community which I can backseat and comment on in the future. Swtoristas videos are a great help to the casual players, 99% of all questions asked here could be answered with a video of hers.

Also real talk, there was never a more skilled influencer than mark biggs and there probably never will be, he has the support of the larger PvP community, he is good, he isn't boring, he makes UNDERSTANDABLE guides and his opinions aren't crazy - not a single influencer has had all of this at the same time. Not listening to him would be telling a pilot how to land a plane, even if you don't care about the pilot everybody would want the pilot to land the plane.