Galactic Seasons Suggestion: - Relaunch old seasons.

Revan-the-knight

Creating new seasons and content can take time, and while we await both, it could be neat to have old seasons (in this case Season 1) to grind for at an accelerated pace (more points per objective), for folks who either didn't play back when that was a thing or people who missed out on it, or didn't care to do it when it was available.

Gives us something familiar to do, saves the effort of the devs by keeping the content in the game, mixes up the gameplay a bit and gives newer players and those interested in older seasons another layer of content while we await Galactic Season three, four and so on :rak_03:

I was going to suggest this! Have season reruns! Make the rewards the same, give people that didn't finish it a chance to do so, and reset it if players have already completed it. For subscribers this is a great deal-- more cartel coins and finishing up companion quests. For those who aren't it's a great option to resubscribe.

Also, I really want the lightsabers from season one that I didn't even know existed-- people like me, who are recent subscribers, will stay subscribed if options for these types of things come back.

Please, give us a relaunch or reruns of old seasons!

And ...

What would the rewards be? How would rerunning *exactly* the same GS1 (or GS2) be interesting to all the people who *did* complete it?

Besides the cartel coins and other non-unique rewards granted, i could imagine perhaps giving people tech fragments and the gear upgrade currencies, on slots where you'd otherwise get a reward (mount, armor, weapon) that you've already received in the past.

Perhaps in addition to this, replace one armor set(for players who have earned the original) with Altuur's initial outfit and make it useable by players, while the second armor set can be the armor set featured in his upgraded outfit (split into pieces and recolored to make it different from the cartel market set it is based on).

For GS2, Fen Zeil's initial outfit is similarly unusable by players, and can be turned into an earnable set during a rerun, the decos were pretty great so more copies of those won't hurt, his upgraded outfit can also be turned into an earnable item set and recolored to differentiate it from the cartel market set it is based upon.

The only real crux would be what to do with the mounts, but i think there's more than enough potential for cool looking recolors of the mounts we did get to make them worthwhile rewards for a season rerun that is already giving you more points than usual.

I was going to suggest this! Have season reruns! Make the rewards the same, give people that didn't finish it a chance to do so, and reset it if players have already completed it. For subscribers this is a great deal-- more cartel coins and finishing up companion quests. For those who aren't it's a great option to resubscribe.

Also, I really want the lightsabers from season one that I didn't even know existed-- people like me, who are recent subscribers, will stay subscribed if options for these types of things come back.

Please, give us a relaunch or reruns of old seasons!

I agree, for new folks it would be a good incentive to keep playing and working on new goals ^.^ :rak_03:

While I'm not opposed to making the old companions and cosmetics available again, I don't think that should be done as a re-run of the season. People are already pretty angry at the lack of content that Legacy of the Sith had at launch, and if they did a re-run of Galactic Season 1 already (right on the heels of Galactic Season 2 ending...) they would get further negative press for a lack of new content.

All of the companions and cosmetics need to be added to the vendor rotations and purchased with the season tokens.

In the event Galactic Season 3 (or whatever season in the future) can't be pushed out in a relatively timely manner after the previous season ends, they should do some "low hanging fruit" and take one of the many awesome droid models they have in the game and make it the companion for the season. Imperial astromechs, battle droids, ancient droids, whatever... Do a unique companion season, then a "filler" with a droid companion. (But make these droids show up in cut scenes, unlike the Cartel Market ones.) Droids, in most cases, would just need a copy+paste of some beeping sound dialogue and a few canned text responses. Heck, they could even make larger versions of some of the astromechs they give out for May the 4th and stuff.

This should make it relatively easier to crank out Galactic Seasons and to get a lot more droids out there in the populace. Right now, we have more HK droids that you can own than any other type, and those are supposed to be fairly rare.

Granted, this is only my own opinion and suggestions, but they really need to have a system like SMITE does, where as soon as one season ends another one starts.

Negative press will always exist, i don't think that matters, nor do i think that it is going to stop people that do enjoy the game or that would enjoy this feature from deriving some good gameplay from it.

I wouldn't mind them adding existing models to a droid companion that the game already has and simply switching some sounds and the name around for a new earnable companion in the style of the cartel market droids though :d_cool:

I also agree that seasons should launch within quicker succession of oneanother.

Negative press will always exist, i don't think that matters, nor do i think that it is going to stop people that do enjoy the game or that would enjoy this feature from deriving some good gameplay from it.

The problem is not the "outward-facing" negative press, but the substantial discontent among the *existing* players about recycled content in the current state of things. Be careful about proposing even more of that.

I also agree that seasons should launch within quicker succession of oneanother.

I don’t think season 3 will take long to launch. Remember, season 2 was supposed to launch about 2 months after season 1 ended. Unfortunately since it was part of 7.0, when it got delayed the season did also. I wouldn’t be surprised if season 3 starts with 7.1.

Since we have no idea when GS3 is going to launch (I doubt that it would be part of 7.1. They would have put it on the PTS, and told us about it beforehand, if it was), this sounds like a great idea, especially if it allows those of us who are either close to, or missed out on finishing the Season Objective Master, One with the Shadows, and The Shadow of the Underworld Achievements! (And maybe they could bump the weekly Rep cap up. Seriously, what kind of Rep cap is 5000 anyways? :rolleyes:)

• 3 weeks later...

:ph_good_post:

Necroposting because I absolutely agree with this!

There are so many reasons for doing this. -- Least of all, offering New Players (who, I'm assuming, BioWare are very much interested in retaining) the chance to acquire unique items and rewards they might've otherwise missed out on.

- Existing players sometimes take breaks from the game for one reason or another. So even Veterans of SWTOR might have missed out on Galactic Seasons content simply by the unfortunate happenstance of bad timing.

- The number of Galactic Seasons Tokens you can acquire per season doesn't align with the number of rewards available from Vendors, who sell a variety of items. Some of these were available during Galactic Seasons, but some weren't, and can only be obtained with the Tokens (meaning you can never acquire 'everything' from the Token vendors). This, IMO, is one of many incentives for Existing Players to run the content again -- on top of Cartel Coins and Tech Fragments.

- Also! Not every Existing Player would've even managed to run the Galactic Seasons content to its completion. The proportion of players who actively participate in the Community, posting on forums and keepin up to date, does not reflect the player community as a whole. Those who adopt a more 'casual' playstyle will certainly post here less frequently, yet may well desire the same thing.

- Lastly! It offers people the opportunity to work towards Achievements they previously thought Unobtainable. Further incentive to interact with the content.

Re-launching Galactic Seasons as re-runs (similar to the various Events) does not cost the Development Team additional time and resources, beyond the implementation phase. It will not detract from the production of Future Content - so people looking forward to that surely have nothing to worry about?

TLDR - There are few, if any, disbenefits to the Community as a Whole, from doing this. The number of possibilities this offers for Player Retention, and Quality of Life, would surely outweigh any imagined issues this may cause for Some Members of the Community.

( And because we all know that this excites Electronic Arts ) - You also give people a second chance to spend Cartel Coins on unlocking those Galactic Seasons levels. :tran_angel:

Edit w/ Afterthought - Why even end Galactic Seasons before the next is ready to release? Food for thought...

Edited by Jupiter_Storm

I took a break from the game, only to fall in love with a season 1 lightsaber design that I missed during my hiatus. Will the design ever be available again? If the season were to have a short relaunch, I could bust my hump to get it, and it would cost the devs pretty much nothing. I wonder how many other players are in the same boat, now irritated that they are essentially punished for taking a break and having real life get in the way.

This thread needs constant bumping because its a great idea.

Galactic Seasons was created to replace subscription rewards. I'm just going to assume (without evidence) that eventually all of the items made available for a Galactic Season will eventually be made available for Galactic Tokens in later seasons. The entire premise of the concept falls apart if this doesn't become true.