Pure melee tech disciplines

Vendettus

Players encounter npcs all the time that not using the force or blasters, but instead have a vibrosword and hack away at our characters. It would be fun to have the same option available for tech classes-- combat styles that are melee based, similar to those enjoyed by the melee based force users, but focusing on swords and staves.

Pretty please?

Players encounter npcs all the time that not using the force or blasters, but instead have a vibrosword and hack away at our characters. It would be fun to have the same option available for tech classes-- combat styles that are melee based, similar to those enjoyed by the melee based force users, but focusing on swords and staves.

Pretty please?

That makes actually a lot of sense since for example

Torian ( during class story) uses a techstaff and later, in the SoV flashpoint, Troya Ajak uses a similar weapon.

+1 literally take the animations that Qyzen Fess and the other tech users have and utilize and replace the force animations from the Guardian/Juggernaut and Shadow/Assassin and give us a tech tree for each that uses techblades (they're already in the game and this would allow much more expanded use) and generators... And literally copy+paste the skill trees from the respective force users, so we have a 3-way mirroring... No need to design a new class from the ground up. Being able to do all the same stuff without any hint of the force animations and making it look and feel techy would make it seem completely different. (i.e. running and dashing into battle instead of leaping with the force. Might need to pull out a pistol and fire a shot to compensate for things like saber throw though!) Edited by vemerce

+1 literally take the animations that Qyzen Fess and the other tech users have and utilize and replace the force animations from the Guardian/Juggernaut and Shadow/Assassin and give us a tech tree for each that uses techblades (they're already in the game and this would allow much more expanded use) and generators... And literally copy+paste the skill trees from the respective force users, so we have a 3-way mirroring... No need to design a new class from the ground up. Being able to do all the same stuff without any hint of the force animations and making it look and feel techy would make it seem completely different. (i.e. running and dashing into battle instead of leaping with the force. Might need to pull out a pistol and fire a shot to compensate for things like saber throw though!)

Yes! The hardest part will likely be figuring out names for the tech disciplines.

I always champion these when I see them, and I also wish for a Brawler type, either unarmed, or knuckle weapons/shock gloves, or something similar. Charles Boyd hinted at additional Combat Styles at Star Wars Celebration, so maybe we will hear something soon.