Logitech G13 Doesn't Work In SWTOR

Merivon

I have a G15 and a G13; both work exactly as I expect them to.

I don't run macros on them, so if you are trying to do that I cannot help you. I simply bound the "G Keys" in in-game hotkeys such as opening up my companion's skill bar or using an ability that I do not use frequently or targeting a party member (I use the Function Keys on my keyboard for other things than targeting).

But the devices themselves work just great.

I just got myself one and it did not work initially. I browsed the internet and found out that the stock drivers it comes with will not work. You need to go to the logitech website and download the newest drivers.

I did this and it worked great afer that. This was windows 7 64bit btw.

I have a G15 and a G13; both work exactly as I expect them to.

I don't run macros on them, so if you are trying to do that I cannot help you. I simply bound the "G Keys" in in-game hotkeys such as opening up my companion's skill bar or using an ability that I do not use frequently or targeting a party member (I use the Function Keys on my keyboard for other things than targeting).

But the devices themselves work just great.

Macros work.

I have a Logitech G13 and it works normally as a keyboard if I test it out in something like notepad. However when I am in game none of the keys actually work. Anyone have any ideas or is this device blocked for working in game?

I have the G13, and it works perfectly.

So, what kind of troubles are you having?

I use mine with 3 profiles for different classes.

Do you need the latest software?

I bought a G35 headset and it downloaded new software compared to what I had with the G13 originally.

Edited by Fraxture

The problem is you don't have administrator rights to the program that manages macros so it isnt receiving your commands from within the game.

This is how i fixed it - go to task manager, find the exe that does all your keyboard macro stuff - find out where that exe is located, then close it from within task manager. Right click on the exe (you should have navigated through explorer to the exe location by now) - go through the options, somewhere is a checkbox for "always run as administrator". Run the exe again. BLAMO fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Logitech G13 and it works normally as a keyboard if I test it out in something like notepad. However when I am in game none of the keys actually work. Anyone have any ideas or is this device blocked for working in game?

Mine works fine. Though I only currently have the 12 action buttons mapped.

Edited by Catch_TwentyTwo

I've been using a G13 in SWTOR for quite a while, with no issues at all. I have th G-keys set up for various UI and actions, and macros as well. Also, the latest driver has a much better interface than the stock one, if you haven't updated for a while. Edited by daemian

You have to let the logitech profile software run as admin. It's annoying, but that's how I got mine to work. Although the mouse buttons 4 & 5 still work very buggy.

• 2 weeks later...
at random times in the game my G13 will stop work and I have to tab out to windows and back in after the Profile reloads it works fine again. This happens some times very often. Has anyone had this problem and is there a fix. Now my G19 Keyboard works find and has no issues. I have my G13 going right into my PC not throught a hub.

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem with the G13 working sometimes and sometimes not. I have to unplug the G13 and replug it in to sort of reboot it. Then it works fine till the next time I start the game. I wonder if I have a defective G13 or if it is some compatability problem.

Okay, pretend I am lost, how exactly do I link the g13 to the swtor program, please detailed, I am lost

There is a program you download from logitech for the G13. (gaming software). Then you click settings. There is also a help menu btw. It allows you to like this program with the game so that the software starts when the game does. (the .exe)

From there you map your buttons. You will probably need a few hours of reading the logitech game software help to fully utilize the G13. It is a wonderful gamepad (when it works).