Do Something About the Toxicity in the Fleet Chats in the Game

DarthEnrique

It's rated "T"' for Teen, with a lower age limit of 13.

"These Terms of Service, as well as EA’s Privacy Policy available at privacy.ea.com (incorporated herein by reference) form legally binding contracts between you and EA. By using EA Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age (or have reached the age of majority if that is not 18 years of age where you live) or that you have reviewed this Agreement with your parent or guardian and he or she assents to these Terms of Service on your behalf and takes full responsibility for your compliance with them. You agree that you and/or your parent or guardian are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, representations and responsibilities set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide and comply with these Terms of Service."

It is rated T for teen, but you need to be 18 to accept the terms of service. That or the kid has their parent or guardian review and accept the terms for them, but I doubt most kids playing would do that so that’s again on the parent for not monitoring their kid.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"These Terms of Service, as well as EA’s Privacy Policy available at privacy.ea.com (incorporated herein by reference) form legally binding contracts between you and EA. By using EA Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age (or have reached the age of majority if that is not 18 years of age where you live) or that you have reviewed this Agreement with your parent or guardian and he or she assents to these Terms of Service on your behalf and takes full responsibility for your compliance with them. You agree that you and/or your parent or guardian are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, representations and responsibilities set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide and comply with these Terms of Service."

the question will be then who is going to read the Terms of service.

we all know 99,9% off all the people scroll stuff like that always down and agree on it also fast and not going to read that stuff at all.

since we all know good that we all skip this crap more and hate to read it since its more a waste off time to read it all good.

the question will be then who is going to read the Terms of service.

we all know 99,9% off all the people scroll stuff like that always down and agree on it also fast and not going to read that stuff at all.

since we all know good that we all skip this crap more and hate to read it since its more a waste off time to read it all good.

Ok??? I already said I doubt they review the terms, so that’s again on the parent for not monitoring their kid. I’m not sure why making sure your kid is safe online is some sort of out of the world concept lol

Edited by Caimic

Fleet chat, at least in my experience, has been pretty tame on Satele Shan. The toxicity seems to be held for Warzones and GSF, when our MLG team captains berate everyone for being trash and not knowing how to play even though they're bottom-score on Objectives, Damage, Kills, everything.

Very, very common to have a player in GSF with 1 kill and 4 deaths lash out at their entire team and call them s*** at match conclusion.

I have watched trolls on starter planets absolutely roasting brand new players literally telling them to quit while hurling insult after insult. I was doing my best to explain how to ignore and how to set up chat channels to new person as fast as possible as the troll just hammered away. Imagine THAT being your introduction to SWTOR

It is pathetic that I have to think "Kill chat, kill chat, kill chat" the moment I arrive at fleet or DK but it is true. I get what a troll is but being told to just ignore them is supporting the behavior. Reporting them has zero impact. I arrived at fleet and within seconds, less than a minute I got:

1 ad to buy gold online

1 bragging about banging both parents of another player

1 Roe V Wade taunt

3 comments bragging about having multiple 'perma' bans and how he is back within hours every time and that it is fun.

And no that was not a single person but 4 different people.

I took a screenshot and blacked out the names and will happily share it if someone does not believe me. I just do not wish to be banned here for violating some TOS as they do actually seem to actively do that here.

As for cheap solutions, I am certain the response would be huge for an add offering something as little as free subscription and set your own hours. Be like the U.S. Marshal Service on airlines, you never know if they are on the plane or not. Could be 4 running about in game could be none at that time.

Edited by Cindron