Sentinel Combat incorrectly listed as "ranged" in creation and discipline selection

thoughtfix

I put this in the Known Issues thread, but that changes with every patch so I am breaking it into a new thread:

tl;dr: Sentinel Combat discipline is listed as "ranged" in the character creator and in the combat discipline page. It's not (it's melee) and I wasted Cartel Coin rewards on a character that I am not going to play.

Longer version: When I saw that disciplines and class stories were diverged and many were reworked, I was very excited to see a ranged Lightsaber user that doesn't just throw rocks or zap lightning. Both the character creator and the page that shows combat disciplines show it as a "ranged" character. I thought it'd be force throws/blasts, thrown lightsabers, force mind-wipes/crowd control, and deflected blaster bolts or something that justified the listing as ranged. After the starting area and first flashpoint, I realized I have nothing that does damage at range: just stuff that charges me into melee range first. Looking ahead, I see only one properly ranged ability (thrown lightsabers) and everything else is just melee strikes or abilities that close in to melee range. Was this mis-labeled? I hope not: I gave Vette a Commander's Compendium. I could always use my second spec as a ranged rock thrower, but wanted to use a stealth spec for my alternate.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...