So...most players will NOT get 5 days of early access.

Larishet

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, up to 5 days implies more than one. SR just promised 1 day after you paid.

That is called bait and switch.

No, no it doesn't

"Up to five days" means exactly what it says. It means that you MAY get a maximum of five days (This has changed since they added two more days I am sure). It does not say that you are guaranteed to get more than one day. Hell, it doesn't say you will get more than 6 hours of early access time.

It simply say that you MAY (Or might) get up to five days of early access time.

You do know that you aren't fully charged the whole amount until the game is shipped or on the official release date, right?

You also missed the point. You're giving money to them for the promise of the game in a future date. Since there's no competition for physical copies anymore, due to the internet, the only way they can get you to buy a game that isn't out, and thus you can't make any judgments about its quality, is to offer an incentive. There is a difference between the retail price of something and its cost/value.

tl;dr giving them money for an unproven game before its even out of beta is not the same as buying a game.

Of course there is an early access cost. When an individual plops down >$60 for a product that he/she will not be able to utilize until some time in the future that is called opportunity cost. It may not be a cost in the sense of a pre-order person paid more than someone who purchased the game a day after "official" launch, but it is $60 that could have been spent elsewhere in the meantime on something tangible that could be enjoyed at that moment in time.

So the people that bought the game six months ago actually did pay more for the game than me who bought it a week ago. Interesting. They should play first then.

You do realize that early access is the ONLY incentive to pre-order, right? This is the year 2010, and digital downloads have the concept of "sold out" obsolete. If they want our money before the game actually comes out, they better give us something worth it. I didn't preorder for an asterisk, I preordered for early access.

It's 2011, almost 2012 actually... And the sales agreement was made clear to you at time of purchase.

Im too old for this forum I think..

I was about to write a long post as to why people should not be upset about this. But heres the short version:

A) Pay attention to what you are reading before you buy something. The people who are upset about not getting a full 5 days are probably the same people that infomercials work on.

B) Why would you not even look at the forums before you pre-ordered? Because every single day that I'm on here there is at least 2 posts about this on the front page... usually 4-5. You must have seen them.

C) Whats your big worry? Are you afraid that your moms basement isn't going to be there on the 19th? Seriously.. please be smarter people. Just in general. Smarter.

what.. thats my short version?

i have a problem..

Edited by xQuicksilverx

But anything less than 5 days is a waste and not worth anyones time. BioWare made a mistake, stop coming to their aid. Make BioWare suffer by complaining. Everyone should get invites tomorrow and be done with it.

+1 yeep .. exactly

everyone willl get in eventualy, if servers cant handle now, they wont handle on launch either.

SO lets everyone in ...

But anything less than 5 days is a waste and not worth anyones time. BioWare made a mistake, stop coming to their aid. Make BioWare suffer by complaining. Everyone should get invites tomorrow and be done with it.

I know if someone tried to make me suffer, I'd make them suffer. Oh I can't wait to play the game.

Regardless of if they promised "at least" one day of early access, giving access to the game to some and not others is BS. My friends are playing right now and getting levels, while I am stuck here waiting. One of the points of a MMO is to play with your friends, level up with them, etc. They will all be way higher level than me by the time I get to play. It's a crappy way to release an MMO or any multiplayer game.

Well maybe you should have pre-ordered the game the same day as your friends. I'm sorry but your complaint is invalid.

You fully understood when you pre-ordered that you were getting early access but not necessarily for the entire early access period. If you didn't understand that then you failed to read the info detailed in the FAQ about pre-orders.

Im too old for this forum I think..

I was about to write a long post as to why people should not be upset about this. But heres the short version:

A) Pay attention to what you are reading before you buy something. The people who are upset about not getting a full 5 days are probably the same people that infomercials work on.

B) Why would you not even look at the forums before you pre-ordered? Because every single day that I'm on here there is at least 2 posts about this on the front page... usually 4-5. You must have seen them.

C) Whats your big worry? Are you afraid that your moms basement isn't going to be there on the 19th? Seriously.. please be smarter people. Just in general. Smarter.

what.. thats my short version?

i have a problem..

Calling people that disagree with you basement dwellers is an incredibly effective method of argument.

You also missed the point. You're giving money to them for the promise of the game in a future date. Since there's no competition for physical copies anymore, due to the internet, the only way they can get you to buy a game that isn't out, and thus you can't make any judgments about its quality, is to offer an incentive. There is a difference between the retail price of something and its cost/value.

tl;dr giving them money for an unproven game before its even out of beta is not the same as buying a game.

I wanted to buy the Limited Edition... they ran out. I wanted the game, so I bought it. The Early Access was not the incentive for me.

I wanted to buy the Limited Edition... they ran out. I wanted the game, so I bought it. The Early Access was not the incentive for me.

Not everyone has blind faith in BioWare or MMOs in general...

Or any faith at all in them.

Edited by noctivagus

I think the main reason for complaints if the fact everyone thinks they payed 5$ for early access when that is the farthest from the truth you can possibly get.

If everyone thinks they paid 5 bucks for early access, then can you at least agree their was a break down of what the marketing teams agenda was, and what the live team for bio-ware was?

This false expectation didn't come out of nowhere. Thats at least some what of a problem.

The funny thing is, if I can log on whenever my lotto ticket shows up, and log in seamlessly, and play for hours brilliantly all into january, I'll say this was worth it.... However, despite the best intentions of this strategy, their could still be problesm come the 20th. Then, I hate to say it, their might be no stoping the nerd rage on this forum.....

Lets hope this works.

When i pre ordered it wasnt "up to 5 days" it was pre order and get 5 days early access, they changed it a little bit ago to match their failness =)

No. You're not smart. Cry more. I don't know what to tell you to make you see that you're wrong, and that you should just take a seat and wait in line like everyone else.

as im logging on right now lol if you preordered back in july or august when it started you would be playing right now like me. :D so stop your crying and see you at launch lmao. rub salt in the wound i was a beta tester aswell since the summer.

Well maybe you should have pre-ordered the game the same day as your friends. I'm sorry but your complaint is invalid.

You fully understood when you pre-ordered that you were getting early access but not necessarily for the entire early access period. If you didn't understand that then you failed to read the info detailed in the FAQ about pre-orders.

learn to read. I pre-ordered before all of them. I'm the only one with a job.