Ninja Update Team

Tyranaeus

One thing I really like about Runescape is their ninja update team. Basically, it's a super small developer team that works on minor fixes and updates to improve quality of life. In SWTOR, it seems like (for the most part) old content is forgotten about, and left unresolved in favor of focusing on newer content (which they also seem to be struggling with). It would be nice to have a dedicated team for making small improvements and addressing small issues in the game.

An issue I had in mind was the planetary specialty goods vendors and world drops. It is nearly impossible to receive even 1 piece of a particular world drop armor set before levelling out of range, and rare to find specific pieces listed on the GTN. I feel like it would be an easy fix to either make world drops correspond to the planet again, or just put the full sets in the specialty goods vendors. This could be something a ninja update team would address.

One thing I really like about Runescape is their ninja update team. Basically, it's a super small developer team that works on minor fixes and updates to improve quality of life. In SWTOR, it seems like (for the most part) old content is forgotten about, and left unresolved in favor of focusing on newer content (which they also seem to be struggling with). It would be nice to have a dedicated team for making small improvements and addressing small issues in the game.

An issue I had in mind was the planetary specialty goods vendors and world drops. It is nearly impossible to receive even 1 piece of a particular world drop armor set before levelling out of range, and rare to find specific pieces listed on the GTN. I feel like it would be an easy fix to either make world drops correspond to the planet again, or just put the full sets in the specialty goods vendors. This could be something a ninja update team would address.

Most of those sets that were specific for certain classes can be bought at the legacy vendor in Supplies (on fleet). They no longer require a class to equip. It's been like this for many years now.

Most of those sets that were specific for certain classes can be bought at the legacy vendor in Supplies (on fleet). They no longer require a class to equip. It's been like this for many years now.

I'm assuming you're talking about the adaptive gear vendor? Those aren't world drops.

Those used to be "world drops."

They're based on world drops, but are fundamentally different from the world drops you get from actual loot drops. If you're suggesting this is the solution, the adaptive gear vendor, then specialty goods vendors and old world drops should be removed from the game. I think this is silly, because they're not the same armor.

They're based on world drops, but are fundamentally different from the world drops you get from actual loot drops. If you're suggesting this is the solution, the adaptive gear vendor, then specialty goods vendors and old world drops should be removed from the game. I think this is silly, because they're not the same armor.

Fundamentally, the Adaptive Gear vendor version is superior to the world drop version. While it can't be traded to other players, it's missing the higher level requirement and the class requirement. The world drop version for example, TT-17a Hydra requires Bounty Hunter class to equip. That means none of the bounty hunter's companions can equip it. I'm not sure why anyone would prefer the world drop set over the adaptive one.

Fundamentally, the Adaptive Gear vendor version is superior to the world drop version. While it can't be traded to other players, it's missing the higher level requirement and the class requirement. The world drop version for example, TT-17a Hydra requires Bounty Hunter class to equip. That means none of the bounty hunter's companions can equip it. I'm not sure why anyone would prefer the world drop set over the adaptive one.

I will entertain your opinion and reframe the issue: the remaining variations of world drops that aren't included in the adaptive gear vendor should be turned into adaptive gear and added to the vendor. Alternatively, because there's already a lot of gear in the adaptive gear vendor, it should be added to the specialty goods vendors on the planet the world drop it's based on is from.