Chat settings: can't send messages

joshuadyal

For a number of weeks now, I haven't been able to post to General chat, or if I am, I don't see my messages. I've been combing through my preferences to see if there's a problem there, but I can't find one. Any ideas what I need to change? It used to work fine for years.

If you picked a second class that was on the other faction then you could be suffering from the bug that a lot of other people had where it flipped them to the opposite faction but not fully. They had similar chat issues.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1001930

It was fixed in 7.0.1 to avoid it happening again however if your character was already bugged then you need to contact Customer Services directly:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10021454#edit10021454

It doesn't appear to be either of those. I still see the General chat active. I can SEE General chat, I just can't post to it. And my faction hasn't been an issue. I've gone to the fleet, joined groups, etc. without any problems. It doesn't appear to affect ALL of my characters, but it is most of them.

It doesn't appear to be either of those. I still see the General chat active. I can SEE General chat, I just can't post to it. And my faction hasn't been an issue. I've gone to the fleet, joined groups, etc. without any problems. It doesn't appear to affect ALL of my characters, but it is most of them.

This Important. Is it happening on the starter planets only or all over the game including the fleet?

when you right click the "general" tab, then click on "chat settings" it should bring up a list of options for various chats (global channels, player channels, group channels, etc) and options for each that are either checked or unchecked. In that make sure that the "general" is checked under "global channels" section at top.

Then make sure what you are typing is actually listed to general in the text entry box and not on say/trade/whisper or something else.

Edited by Jamtas

All planets. And yes, that's checking that the chatbox is checked. As I said a few posts upthread, I've already done that. And I can't verify that it's posting, because like I said, it's NOT posting. It just sits there in the text entry box without posting anywhere.