security key

Calwred

i am still using the security key i got from my collector's edition but when i try to add the security key to my account, i asks me to add a code that i am unable to enter on a key that only gives codes. So, I cannot use my collector's edition key on the account and will have to continue receiving one-time passcodes for the account which i have received since 7.0 was added.

i am still using the security key i got from my collector's edition but when i try to add the security key to my account, i asks me to add a code that i am unable to enter on a key that only gives codes. So, I cannot use my collector's edition key on the account and will have to continue receiving one-time passcodes for the account which i have received since 7.0 was added.

You should be able to install the free app on a phone or device and set that up instead of using the physical key.

As you begin to set up a security key, be sure to use the "Set up a new physical Security Key" option (second option) rather than the "Set up a new mobile Security Key" option (first option). The process is different for the two types:

* Physical *

You enter the serial number of the key into the website so that the website can look up the specific key to know its sequence.

* Mobile *

The website provides a "secret", a one-off code, that you enter into the application so that it generates the same sequence that the website expects.

** Or, as suggested, use a security key app of some sort, either SWTOR's own or any "TOTP" application, such as:

* OTP Auth

* Google Authenticator

* Authy

* SaasPass (?capitals?) (? might be two words Saas Pass or Saas-pass ?)

* WinAuth *on your Windows PC* (probably works on Linux with Wine)

• 2 weeks later...
i can try that because i have a few accounts that I have been using to see how my guild mates act to new players, but it since the update to 7.0, it seems i need a security code for each account every day. When it used to be like once every so many months.

I strongly encourage downloading the free SWTOR security key app. I just returned last month from a 7 year break and my account was linked to the physical security key fob from the CE but the battery was dead and I had a heck of a time getting the account sorted. But now I have it linked to the SWTOR app.

I strongly encourage downloading the free SWTOR security key app. I just returned last month from a 7 year break and my account was linked to the physical security key fob from the CE but the battery was dead and I had a heck of a time getting the account sorted. But now I have it linked to the SWTOR app.

For Calwred who has multiple accounts (see the post above yours), the SWTOR app isn't feasible, since it only links to one account, but the general principle of using an app-based key rather than a hardware-based key is correct.