Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Guild Conquest Rewards Don't Reward

Tressith

My guildies and I logged into our imp guild today after the weekly reset only to find that we didn't get the weekly guild conquest reward. No encryption, no pop up, nothing. We all completed our personal conquest and cleared the small yield goal with nothing to show for it. Which is crippling.

This has impacted 4 characters, 3 players so far.

We had this issue as well on our guild but so far no acknowledgement from multiple tickets that this is a problem.

2 of my chars that logged in pre-update got the reward, rest of my chars after didn't and most of my guildmates didn't get any of theirs either.

So after the latest ticket update I submitted the only response was to submit a bug report which we had already done.

Same. Which is atrocious. If we can't count on the game rewarding our work, why the **** would we continue playing? Give us our damn encryptions. Not only is it not a big ask, it's a normal part of the dev kit. People are talking about the quit the game breaking point all over the forums, but this is absolutely the most powerful example.

Edited by Tressith

Same. Which is atrocious. If we can't count on the game rewarding our work, why the **** would we continue playing? Give us our damn encryptions. Not only is it not a big ask, it's a normal part of the dev kit. People are talking about the quit the game breaking point all over the forums, but this is absolutely the most powerful example.

Exactly! The only reason I still play is to get the encryptions to unlock more of our star ship. I wasted hours last week getting conquest on multiple characters for nothing. And the best their CSR person can tell me is "our logs show you didnt make conquest so.....sorry bout your luck". How the eff do you not have logs you can check? Or do you, and you are just too lazy to do it?

Exactly! The only reason I still play is to get the encryptions to unlock more of our star ship. I wasted hours last week getting conquest on multiple characters for nothing. And the best their CSR person can tell me is "our logs show you didnt make conquest so.....sorry bout your luck". How the eff do you not have logs you can check? Or do you, and you are just too lazy to do it?

That's funny, the CSR guy told me that he saw we got it, but the CSR team simply don't have the admin privileges to be able to grant items. Which is insane. How are they supposed to be able to help anyone without admin privileges? Is the CSR team's entire job just to tell players 'Damn that sucks bro?'

Hey devs! Give us our damn encryptions! Don't you WANT us to play your game?? Entire guilds would quit over this.

Since some CSR reps are claiming we didn't meet our conquest objective, here's a photo of last week's rankings. We were attacking a small yield planet, which Bioware should know only requires 500k points, but I'm reiterating in case they don't. Not a single character got a reward.

https://imgur.com/Jq6FpcP

Great job, guys.

Edited by Tressith

Update for those interested: my guildie got a response back from the CSR team saying that Bioware's official stance is that they will not be compensating players for their losses and this is not a bug that will be fixed. If posting CSR communications isn't against forum TOS, I can provide screenshots. So, uh, even if this isn't a bug you're concerned about, you should probably be concerned because that's a terrible precedent for Bioware to set. Especially given how broken the game is now. Edited by Tressith

Update for those interested: my guildie got a response back from the CSR team saying that Bioware's official stance is that they will not be compensating players for their losses and this is not a bug that will be fixed. If posting CSR communications isn't against forum TOS, I can provide screenshots. So, uh, even if this isn't a bug you're concerned about, you should probably be concerned because that's a terrible precedent for Bioware to set. Especially given how broken the game is now.

If this is true, i am cancelling my subscription. Conquest is the only reason I play. What a complete waste of time last week was. I wont be making that mistake again.

One thing about Guild Conquest Points is that if a guild has a 15% conquest point bonus, the point goals inflate accordingly, but remain hidden, like so:

Small yield: 500,000 points, the guild needs to exceed 575,000 for members to receive their conquest rewards

Medium yield: 2,000,000 points, exceed 2,300,0000

Large yield: 5,000,000 points, exceed 5,750,000

If the guild does not exceed the bonus-inflated goal before the Tuesday deadline, then no rewards.

I'm not saying this is what happened to the OP, but it could be.

One thing about Guild Conquest Points is that if a guild has a 15% conquest point bonus, the point goals inflate accordingly, but remain hidden, like so:

Small yield: 500,000 points, the guild needs to exceed 575,000 for members to receive their conquest rewards

If the guild does not exceed the bonus-inflated goal before the Tuesday deadline, then no rewards.

We had 680k points this week with only 1 person doing the conquest over 5 characters. Every one of the characters broke 100k +. The previous week we had almost 2million conquest points while invading the small yield. This has something to do with the patch. In one of the original posts a guildmate signed in before the patch and got the reward on 2 of his 5 characters. Post patch when he logged in to the other characters (all of which made conquest as well) they did not get the quest pop-up to get their rewards. Now, for the second week in a row, its doing the same thing.

This is also the first I've seen that you have to exceed a % over the stated yield limit. Maybe it just hadn't been an issue because we always were well over the requirement - but this didn't start happening until after last week's 7.0.1 patch was applied last Tuesday.

You can see in the screenshot I posted that we were well over 600k. In fact, we were over 1m collectively.

While I got my rewards this week, my other guild members didn't. This is an ongoing issue Bioware is deliberately trying to sweep under the rug. I literally do not understand what's going on right now.

I screenshotted our progress this week and filed another ticket. They did ask me to provide the screenshot and then closed the ticket. I replied to the email notice for the ticket with the screenshot along with the names that didn't get it this way and mentioned again about last week. We'll see if it gets anywhere but I haven't even bothered playing so far this week.

So an update on this. I was able to get my guild rewards sent to me on 4 of my 5 characters. Even though the 5th character should have been eligible as well - they told me via logs they can't actually validate that and so they couldn't trigger the reward on that one. I guess 4/5 is better than none of them for last week. The previous week my guildmates and I didn't get any resolution on as we had no screenshots/proof to provide them that week. I highly suggest at this point for everyone to screenshot progress if you keep playing.

I did ask the CSR if this is a verified bug that is being addressed and was told

"I checked this with my team and there are no issues with the Conquest System, so, hopefully, you will get the rewards the next week when you meet the requirements"

I managed to get all my rewards this week - but I had to score enough points to offset the guild reward bonus as well (in this case guild screen had to have at least 115,000 pts on each character from the 15% bonus).

On the other hand we had to put in a bug report because we can't invade any planets now for this week's conquest. What a joke...

• 4 weeks later...

Reupping this because I just found this thread, and my guild has suffered through this bug again.

It seems like this bug is specific to entire guilds. I don't know why one guild would be hit and another wouldn't. My guild is a fairly small imperial one. Its pub counterpart has never suffered this bug.

Theory: Is this because GSF conquest points don't actually count, in some way? Or does this just happen to some players/guilds on maintenance day, at random?

Edited by Tressith

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.