Koth and Senya

BinxyFuneral

Why would I be annoyed considering before they joined up with me, they were enemies? Koth rebelled against Arcann because he refused an order. At that time Senya was still supporting Arcann and therefore (a) either tried to have Koth arrested or (2) have him killed.

Therefore, Koth did not find that amusing and when Senya joined up with us, he was not thrilled as I doubt anyone of us would be if we had someone trying to kill us and then decided to join up with the person, he had gone to help rescue. Eventually, they wind up stopping the bickering but of course it would take some time after the bad blood between them.

Edited by casirabit

Curiosity: What makes you say that it is hypocritical?

I'm not saying you're wrong, mind you, just that I'm curious about why you say that.

Koth still hates Senya for having been loyal to Arcann even after she turned against him for the exact same reason Koth did, and she still hates him for deserting, even though she did the exact same thing. I mean, that's literally the definition of hypocrisy. It's not the initial animosity and distrust on Koth's side that gets to me, it's the continued animosity that never really gets resolved on both sides, even after they both proved their dedication to the cause, that pisses me off.

Why would I be annoyed considering before they joined up with me, they were enemies? Koth rebelled against Arcann because he refused an order. At that time Senya was still supporting Arcann and therefore (a) either tried to have Koth arrested or (2) have him killed.

Therefore, Koth did not find that amusing and when Senya joined up with us, he was not thrilled as I doubt anyone of us would be if we had someone trying to kill us and then decided to join up with the person, he had gone to help rescue. Eventually, they wind up stopping the bickering but of course it would take some time after the bad blood between them.

but they really don't. All the way through the story, if they're not at each other's throat, it's only because they aren't in the same conversation. The initial distrust on Koth's side makes sense, Senya's does not, period. And after Senya had proven herself multiple times, Koth's distrust stopped making sense, too. If anything, once he heard the whole story, his response should have been, "Well, I wish it had been earlier, but I'm glad you finally saw what I saw." Koth, of all people, should be the most welcoming to turncoats and deserters, no matter who they are.

These two really annoy me, and are excellent examples of what is horribly wrong with Zakuul culture. Arrogant, self-righteous and spoiled.

Senya in particular.

"Just because he betrayed your enemy doesn't change the fact he is a traitor"

Um, and *** are you?

"So it's the worlds you know over Zakuul?" (when choosing who to save in escape pods and choosing the rep and imp)

A choice between

A. An influential politician with strong connections, particularly to a world known for weapons manufacturing

B. One of the empire's most decorated and experienced fleet admirals.

C. A Zakuulan entertainer

What person in their right mind would prioritize C in that list in a war?

"So it's the worlds you know over Zakuul?" (when choosing who to save in escape pods and choosing the rep and imp)

A choice between

A. An influential politician with strong connections, particularly to a world known for weapons manufacturing

Umm... I did? They're civilians, and it's my duty to get them out of harm's way as soon as possible. (I play all my characters as light sided, and that's basically why they've all made the choice to save the entertainer.) Generally I will save the civies and the same faction NPCs.

It's an almost impossible decision, in my opinion.

Edited by Zandilar

You never know with an entertainer. They could potentially become a president. Not going to get into politics on these boards, just noting the fact that this set of circumstances has happened in this world - so it could happen in SW universe as well.

(Reagan was an actor, Zelensky was a comedian)

That said, it varies with my characters who I save, what my alignment is (dark/light), etc, other factors.

These two really annoy me, and are excellent examples of what is horribly wrong with Zakuul culture. Arrogant, self-righteous and spoiled.

Senya in particular.

"Just because he betrayed your enemy doesn't change the fact he is a traitor"

Um, and *** are you?

A choice between

I did. She was a civilian in most wars you get the civilians to safety first.

I did. She was a civilian in most wars you get the civilians to safety first.

Ok, that's fair, but the point is that Senya objects purely because you didn't choose her people, nothing to do with civilians

It's the same Zakuul centric attitude that is so infuriating

I actually always kill the imperial. Not personally a fan of fascists, so they get lower priority than celebrities 🤣😂

When I'm a Republic character I save them first then the Imperials. When I'm an Imperial character I reverse the order. I never save the entertainer. My characters are biased to their faction, but they have members of the other faction in the Alliance so they get rescued. Senya is actually right in her accusation, but I console her in saying I wanted to save everyone. Only my Jedi really mean it. My other characters did want everyone to make it, but tragic as it is they aren't losing sleep over it.