Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Combat Too Difficult

babfb

Heroics haven't been group content for 5 years. You need to update your information. They are the primary solo means of completing conquest and have been for a long time.

Like i don't know that? Is it that hard to read? People seems to forget that Heroics was actually intend to be group content.

And they actually was, like you mention. Obviously completing them solo should be challenging, just as soloing FPs.

It's really simple. Level Sync and Companions are broken (underperforming in Bioware's jargon) and need to be fixed. An Influence 50 companion should be of more assistance than an Influence 1 companion otherwise, "leveling" your companion is useless (no need for gifts or CM boosts which takes away a credit sync and a BW revenue source). If it was working right. you could still have your challenge with a low influence companion and the people who want it "easier/faster" can use their high Influence companion. It doesn't have to be an either or proposition if it was working correctly. I suspect that was what Bioware intended but didn't get it right.

It has gotten too tedious for me. Loadouts and combat styles are great, but aside from that I am let down by 7.0.

I will check back to see if these things are fixed but, playing has become a chore. Going to stick with GW2 for now and hope things get fixed here.

• 4 months later...
+1 OP, O M G, ikr. Nothing like regrinding story dozens of times over, then to have 7.0 make it take 50+ hits to kill an elite that can slaughter me faster than prior expansions VM ops bosses. 7.0~ combat (& gearing) is an utter disgrace. Not playing up new toons anymore -1 Nope Edited by Willjb

So, myself and others here have often complained about the lack of difficulty in this game, whereas others complain that it's too difficult. I think the problem is that we're talking about different areas. Vanilla, from the starter planet to Ziost, is pretty easy. Kotfe/et is also pretty easy on Story, with the exception of a few fights, like the gemini captain mentioned in the OP.

From that point on, particularly onslaught onward, the fights are a lot more variable. There were many complaints about people dying to mobs in SoV when it first came out, for example. When I was doing Ruins of Nul for the first time, I was amazed at how difficult it was--assuming the Malgus fight isn't bugged. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people complained about not being able to make it through that FP--I died a couple times on my operative healer.

tbh the heroics are still easy for me, but some do take a lot longer (and always have), and sometimes the length can trip you up and yeah you can die. I don't see that as a problem though--if you think they're too hard, play other heroics. But dying occasionally IS a part of the game--at least you don't have to buy respawns anymore. That was legendary nickle and dime-ing of F2P.

Edited by Ardrossan

So, myself and others here have often complained about the lack of difficulty in this game, whereas others complain that it's too difficult. I think the problem is that we're talking about different areas.

I think it's much simpler. I enjoyed the game back when nothing in the open world was living long enough for you to execute single full rotation and I don't like the change in difficulty at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.