Introduced and mentored someone to SWTOR

HiddenPalm

My cousin tried SWTOR some years back and got to about level 31 and had left the game. Partly because I was urging him to do the story and level up, and I was really busy running a guild and couldn't play class story with him. Feels like I'm an unpaid employee of Bioware, running a guild for an entire decade helping new players with questions and events (but that's another discussion).

He recently came back. About two weeks ago. This time, I really mentored him though and showed him every single flashpoint in the game. I showed him everything about the game. Things that took me years to learn on my own, I showed him in days.

He went a little crazy buying items from the Cartel Market. Which I admit, I encouraged him to do, to help him get attached to his toon and enjoy the cut scenes. He was so excited about it, that he would do this stuff before I was even on and do mistakes like removing a dye he had just bought from the Cartel Market and losing it. He was also not using the outfitter feature. I then taught him everything about dyes, the outfitter, collections, legacy perks, etc, so much.

He got himself some nice stuff. Expensive lightsabers, mounts, tunings, outfits, he went all out. I don't even want to think about how much money he put into his look.

Suffice to say, he has been really enjoying SWTOR. He was really looking forward to start doing story mode ops with us and making it to our guild events. Our guild is one of two guilds whom have been doing real open world pvp events around the galaxy (no open world pvp wintrading).

Last night, after all of that mentoring and doing flashpoints and warzones sometimes for 9 hours straight of gaming using starparse, sharing guides, practice dummies etc, he finally made it to level 80.

So I started to teach him about end game gearing. Luckily Im one of the few players on the server, who understands the system (that needs work). But the moment, he realized he could no longer use the ultra expensive lightsabers he bought with his own money, and saw the atrocious (in comparison) lightsabers he is now being forced to use, he got let down. He logged off discontent with SWTOR, rather than excited that he's now a level 80 player with lots of pve/pve knowledge on his subclass. I am not sure if he wants to continue to play. As I write this, he's playing Tarkov.

I told him it would be fixed in the next patch, in 7.0.1. That we are all very upset about this, so it's impossible that this won't be fixed. Of course they will fix it asap, I kept saying. But after reading the last two posts on 7.0.1 and seeing no mention of this. I feel like maybe I am lying to myself and my own cousin?

Am I lying to myself?

Yes you are lying to yourself, because the devs never mentioned that weapon outfit designer would be part of 7.0.1. 7.0.1 is a big bug fix patch hopefully coming March 22. 7.1 will be a patch in the future with the new operation, the Manaan daily area, and, hopefully, a working version of weapon outfit designer. There isn’t even a testable iteration on the PTS at the moment, which concerns me. It was removed from pre-launch 7.0 PTS on January https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9997476#edit9997476

And is still not on the PTS nearly two months later even on the version that went out today. This should be something we are actively testing now so it can be ready in time for 7.1.

The devs right now: ooohhh what a shame huh???!! But look at all the money this guy gave us.:cool:

I feel your pain, 3 of my closest friends stopped playing because they refuse to re-grind the same content in a very stupid way, they are now playing Gw2 and FFXIV new xpac, I'll soon join them because instead of keeping my sub here, I bought End of Dragons and Endwalker.

I don't think 7.1 can make most of us come back. Even Trixxie is gone, I loved her posts.