7.0 Which class for PVP?

BonnerFett

Hey All,

Long time fan of SWTOR. Took a break for 4-5 months at the end of 6.X back for 7.0 and want to get some opinions on a main PVP class. I like burst and mobility but more importantly having a fun. I do some casual solo ranked. Here is some of my classes that I like

AP PT

Merc

Sin

Mara

Sniper

I hear Sniper is in a real bad spot... our of these classes which one would you recommend for pvp?

Hey All,

Long time fan of SWTOR. Took a break for 4-5 months at the end of 6.X back for 7.0 and want to get some opinions on a main PVP class. I like burst and mobility but more importantly having a fun. I do some casual solo ranked. Here is some of my classes that I like

AP PT

Merc

Sin

Mara

Sniper

I hear Sniper is in a real bad spot... our of these classes which one would you recommend for pvp?

Sin is meh

Sniper is garbage

PT is even better than b4

Merc still good althought lacks mobility

Mara is kind of glass cannon with insane dmg but low survivability

The best class/spec right now,imho is sorc madness.

For casual solo ranked I'd say the 6.0-6.3 meta still the meta in 7.0,with tiny changes,like operative is a little less effective but still meta; merc ,like I said lost mobility(or dcd,depending on ur build),but still meta; and mara still viable doing top dmg and having one of the greatest ways to escape combat,as usual. Sorcs are in a good spot too,and sins can do good too. Juggs,snipers and pt die fast,most of the times,but can do good depending on how good u are with them,even tho u will eventually die if the other team is good enought.

For regs: any class can do good if u know the basics, but I tend to think madness sorcs,veng juggs and maras are the meta,a little bit ahead of mercs and pt, and then everything else.

Tho u said u like burst specs,I think dot specs are the way to go in 7.0 ,as gear isnt fully developed, so dot works better,especially in group ranked where a good cleave is making a huge diff.

Edited by DougTheNoob

Sin is meh

Sniper is garbage

PT is even better than b4

Merc still good althought lacks mobility

Mara is kind of glass cannon with insane dmg but low survivability

The best class/spec right now,imho is sorc madness.

For casual solo ranked I'd say the 6.0-6.3 meta still the meta in 7.0,with tiny changes,like operative is a little less effective but still meta; merc ,like I said lost mobility(or dcd,depending on ur build),but still meta; and mara still viable doing top dmg and having one of the greatest ways to escape combat,as usual. Sorcs are in a good spot too,and sins can do good too. Juggs,snipers and pt die fast,most of the times,but can do good depending on how good u are with them,even tho u will eventually die if the other team is good enought.

For regs: any class can do good if u know the basics, but I tend to think madness sorcs,veng juggs and maras are the meta,a little bit ahead of mercs and pt, and then everything else.

Tho u said u like burst specs,I think dot specs are the way to go in 7.0 ,as gear isnt fully developed, so dot works better,especially in group ranked where a good cleave is making a huge diff.

Sorc switched from lightning to madness? Also for mara what spec for solo and what for reg?

Edit: And as I am returning what two classes would you recommend for non force users? PT and merc?

Edited by Zenislav

3/4 players in almost every warzone are running Mara on my server if that helps lol.

Right?!?!?!?

And the ones that arent are Juggs for active guard on the maras and madness sorcs

As of right now that is the meta, lol

It will be interesting to see where ranked goes comp wise.

Sorc switched from lightning to madness? Also for mara what spec for solo and what for reg?

Edit: And as I am returning what two classes would you recommend for non force users? PT and merc?

Yes,madness.

I guess it still fury for Mara? Dont know. Maras and juggs are the 2 classes I really never play.I saw some fury mara doin insane dmg in wz and arenas. Most of the the time they are top dps. But for jugg it is veng,def.

As a main merc,I would say merc. But PT is even stronger now and is in a good spot atm. Depends on how u like to play. PT survives longer now,and still have insane burst,but I think they are very dependent to the team,like they need a healer or/and a guard in order to fully perform. Mercs are more independent in that department,therefore I like it more.

I'd say mercs or PT for regs,mercs for solos and pt for granked (I play merc as the second granked dps,but PT is more like the star of the team as usual lol )

IO merc btw. Arsenal is boring and weaker imho.

Edited by DougTheNoob

3/4 players in almost every warzone are running Mara on my server if that helps lol.

That's because they made the easiest mara spec out dps everything. Fury should always perform lower then Carnage and Anni.

Fury is the problem spec. Easy to play top dps. It's the same issues pt suffer from. Easy spec with too much dps. Both don't require any setup or thinking to do decent.

Don't bother playing anything that isn't Assassin, Sorc or Mara.

They have stupid amounts of CC, stupid amounts of defense, stupid amoutns of damage and due to the Two Cloaks; they're never really at risk of dying in fights because they can just drop out.

Fury Mara is definitely the best for burst, mobility and solo ranked viability. Powertechs are also very strong and relevant in ranked, though not quite as mobile. Some may disagree with the last bit.

I feel like Fury/concentration is very strong dps but can easily get blown up; even with a combat reset.

Concealment isn’t as broken as it was, but with legendaries and the tactical; you can still do some massive burst. It’s still very fun imo but it takes more skill and thinking than it previously took.

I came back and started lvling Sentinel not because people say it is op but I always play tank or healer and now I can do same on one character. For lvling should I just stick with fury/concentration or go carnage/combat?

Heard some say fury is so much better than carnage even for lvling.

I came back and started lvling Sentinel not because people say it is op but I always play tank or healer and now I can do same on one character. For lvling should I just stick with fury/concentration or go carnage/combat?

Heard some say fury is so much better than carnage even for lvling.

U cant tank or heal with mara. Mara self heals are very weak. Fury is the easiest and strongest of all specs now. Carnage is faster but I guess the dot one is better for pve. All 3 are good for casual lvling tho.

U cant tank or heal with mara. Mara self heals are very weak. Fury is the easiest and strongest of all specs now. Carnage is faster but I guess the dot one is better for pve. All 3 are good for casual lvling tho.

I ment I will start w sentinel and later can pick tank or heal class to go w it. Was just wondering what was most fast / fun spec to level sentinel with before switching to pvp. Or just stick w fury/concentration.