The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hoping that Presence doesn't stay capped

xordevoreaux

The best solution for the issue would be to have the Companion Influence be the determiner of Companion strength. Leave Level 1 companions as they are now and make level 50 companions 3 times as powerful. That way the "Game is too easy" people could have their "challenge" (not really what they want but OK we'll pretend) and people who put an effort into their companions could have stronger companions.

Apparently all they did for the PTS "fix" was to fix the bug where the character sheet was showing the correct Presence score to show an inflated and false one that included Companion Influence. There is no performance difference at all between an Influence 1 and Influence 50 companion.

The whole companion fiasco is the biggest reason im not happy right now. I dont even care about the mod equips i cant use over this companion situation. My companions were a ton of work....even more so than gearing was involved. Companions being as weak as they are now is the single biggest issue i have...period.

I see no change as of yet on the PTS.

Revert the companions back to 6.x. please and leave them alone.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

The whole companion fiasco is the biggest reason im not happy right now. I dont even care about the mod equips i cant use over this companion situation. My companions were a ton of work....even more so than gearing was involved. Companions being as weak as they are now is the single biggest issue i have...period.

I see no change as of yet on the PTS.

Revert the companions back to 6.x. please and leave them alone.

I hear you. I've reached my breaking point with this game. When I logged onto the PTS and found that Presence was now reflecting Companion Influence I was thrilled that they finally got it right. Then I found out it was all false advertising and the only thing they changed was the display of Presence on the character sheet (the blatant dishonesty in that move was the final straw). No difference in Influence 1 and Influence 50 Companions. I'm turning my Impside guild into a personal guild, kicking everyone, and turning the Pubside guild over to the only remaining Founder in it. Moving all my credits to the Legacy bank to keep them out of Escrow and scooping up as many Cartel Coins from GS as I can. Five servers, five chances to "win". 2 months of paid time left on the 6 month subscription and no content in 7.0 worth playing anyway. One more 10 year continuous sub Founder out. Guess I'll have to become a forum jockey for the last two months.

Edited by DWho

Dear Jackie,

Simple question, will the fiasco of hobbling our companions be reverted?

Simple follow up, will they be returned to their former 6.3 glory or will they be "somewhat" uprated to reflect the HUGE amount of effort people put into raising their affection/influence with them over the years?

BTW if they will only be partially restored then CONSULT with us as to what's a fair representation of all the (real) money and/or effort we invested.

Perhaps you'll note a yellow message.

This should be the last thing to look at.

Make sure that player characters and hostile NPCs are properly scaled.

Make sure that low-level player characters are getting their key abilities early enough.

Make sure that companions abilities are actually working and not somehow missing/being resisted for no reason.

Companions are support characters, they're not supposed to win the day on their own while the player cheers for them on the sidelines.

This should be the last thing to look at.

Make sure that player characters and hostile NPCs are properly scaled.

Make sure that low-level player characters are getting their key abilities early enough.

Make sure that companions abilities are actually working and not somehow missing/being resisted for no reason.

Companions are support characters, they're not supposed to win the day on their own while the player cheers for them on the sidelines.

It is by far the easiest fix though (low hanging fruit in the business vernacular). It requires no re-balancing of classes and NPCs, no redesign of ability trees. Really all it requires is turn off the cap on Presence. Problem fixed. Then you can go after the "game is too easy" problem by re-designing golds and champions so they are something more than just a huge pile of health points (this is the problem now. They aren't challenging just extremely tedious). Give them some basic mechanics to overcome or resistance to certain abilities (ie droid are immune to "mental" attacks). Finally, you can move the end Chapter boss fights into their own instance so that their attacks are nerfed in the same way companions and characeters are..

Edited by DWho

yah true the easiest fix would be to differentiate clearly between a level 50 vs level 1 companion in terms of tanking/heal/dps. As it is now, a level 1 companion can do the same dps as a level 50. If it is like that, what's the point of having an "influence bar" or furthermore, what's the point of having vendors selling companion gifts and Commander's Compendium (which is pretty expensive)? Sure, a level 50 companion can run Crew Skill faster but as the current system goes, that's it.