Aquatic Resource Matrix = FAIL CURRENCY

Sarova

Aquatic Resource Matrix (ARM) rewards need to be re-thought as currently the routes to get them disadvantage soloers and those of us with many alts. The two main problems:

1. We're supposed to be able to get them from the daily area weekly, however the amount of available weeklies is restricted to the few in the activities list and they only match what's available as GS objectives and not general conquest objectives (looking at you Onderon).
  2. ARM are needed for conquest upgrades, which was how I intended to gear up my main and alts as a soloer, however, the lack of them makes gearing impossible and doing any of the objectives in general is useless because of the Medal of Commendation (MoC) cap which is far too low (and should be set to 999 per character not across your legacy). There's no point in doing any content that rewards MoC when you are already at the cap as it's just medals lost.

It really does seem like others were right about BW being anti soloers and altoholics this patch :(

I have enough to upgrade 5 pieces. I have not done so.

There is literally no point in going from 320 to 322 or 324...or any other IR.

The scaling is garbage. You will see zero increase in actual power. Combat will take the exact same amount of time. My friends and I timed it. One at level 75 put on 280 gear and fighting took the exact same amount of time as at 306, 318 and 320. This is not in Operations or PvP mind you. Open world combat, elite missions instance combat and Flashpoint combat...all the exact same. No benefit at all.

Gearing no longer has any meaning for most of us other than perhaps a bragging point.

The scaling is garbage. You will see zero increase in actual power. Combat will take the exact same amount of time. My friends and I timed it. One at level 75 put on 280 gear and fighting took the exact same amount of time as at 306, 318 and 320. This is not in Operations or PvP mind you. Open world combat, elite missions instance combat and Flashpoint combat...all the exact same. No benefit at all.

Gearing no longer has any meaning for most of us other than perhaps a bragging point.

This! There is no reason in gearign up due to the massive down scaling in all areas of content. Because there is no advantage to gearing up there is no reason to playany of the content in order to get the gear. For that reason Ive not played for 2 days and cancelled my sub. Am currently waiting on word from devs about what fixes are going to be implemented and when but as it stand Im looking for another game to play and even considering going back to world of warcraft.

While I agree that the new endgame gearing is extremely flawed and not fun at all in its current iteration, I do not understand the point about ARM farming not being advantegeous for players with many alts.

In my view the complete opposite is the case here and the game basically forces you to have many high-level alts that can farm those ARMs by finishing the small selection of weeklies that are available each week.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Just spam world bosses. Priority Targets is the new Hammer Station.

You missed the part where I said "soloer". I don't tend to look for group content unless it's event related or I happen to see a request for wb on a planet I'm on. Some of us just have almost zero interest in regular grouping. We should be able to benefit from the content we enjoy not be forced to do content because "dev reasons".

Yup!

The broken scaling + broken companions make gearing up basically meaningless.

READ MORE ANALYSIS HERE:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1003396

The ARM drop rate is absolute garbage also. Weekly Heroics should be giving 3-4 times as many so you can actually upgrade gear you get from weeklies or using your Medals.

Edited by Muckbeast

Aquatic Resource Matrix (ARM) rewards need to be re-thought as currently the routes to get them disadvantage soloers and those of us with many alts. The two main problems:

1. We're supposed to be able to get them from the daily area weekly, however the amount of available weeklies is restricted to the few in the activities list and they only match what's available as GS objectives and not general conquest objectives (looking at you Onderon).
  2. ARM are needed for conquest upgrades, which was how I intended to gear up my main and alts as a soloer, however, the lack of them makes gearing impossible and doing any of the objectives in general is useless because of the Medal of Commendation (MoC) cap which is far too low (and should be set to 999 per character not across your legacy). There's no point in doing any content that rewards MoC when you are already at the cap as it's just medals lost.

It really does seem like others were right about BW being anti soloers and altoholics this patch :(

I think it's fine as a currency, but it needs to drop at a higher rate, or at least from more sources.

Currently, it's most rewarding for people with many alts to run though daily and heroic weeklies repeatedly.

This can lead to player burnout, and isn't especially fun.

That being said, a much greater issue is upgraded gear isn't really helpful in most of the game. In fact, I'm finding my old 306 augmented gear works better doing daily areas/heroics, with how the new level sync works.

The new gear is only worth getting for certain higher-difficulty instanced content that is level scaled to 80, alongside PVP. There's issues with PVP scaling too, however, that people have discovered and reported as bugs to BW. I hope they are able to fix that.

Edited by arunav

...but it's the only thing to do in the game now :)

Yeah... pretty much this. Knowing that there's no level 80 content so it's 100% useless. I suppose it will help for 7.1 and whatever new level 80 content we get, so it's not a total waste of time.

You missed the part where I said "soloer". I don't tend to look for group content unless it's event related or I happen to see a request for wb on a planet I'm on. Some of us just have almost zero interest in regular grouping. We should be able to benefit from the content we enjoy not be forced to do content because "dev reasons".

You're right! I did miss that and I'm sorry. The gearing path for purely solo play is going to be slow for sure. I guess my comment does show that if it's them fixing one thing (Spammer Station) it will only take a few days for players to find the new fastest way (world bosses). Maybe in time people will figure out the fastest method for solo players.

I was looking at the stats increase from 320-322 for CQ gear, and it was 0.7%

Yup. seven-tenths of one percent. I'm laughing, but it's the kind where you laugh to keep yourself from crying.

I know it's been said 4000 times already, but who thought this was a good idea? Who signed off on this steaming pile of disaster, dumpster-fire-in-a-trainwreck excuse for an update?

Edited by ElZaguero
manifest destiny

I only do flashpoints when I play SWTOR. I've now un-subbed since so far I have 0 of this currency and if what you say is true about the gear, what's the point? I have 29 other level 75 chars I was keen to level and gear but this patch is doing it's best to chase me away instead. I'll keep an eye on the patches and maybe they will turn it around but so far, everything in 7.0 is a huge downgrade. Edited by heeeysa

The most annoying thing is that large numbers of Aquatic Resource Matrix are rewarded from weeklies BUT the weeklies aren’t even available. They should remove these weeklies from the conquest objectives if they aren’t going to let us pick them up.

They tried to add far too many many changes at once to justify calling this an expansion update. It really isn’t. I now know why the PTS was so different; if it had reflected exactly what we have now we’d have all unsubbed/quit playing. I pity those that spent real money for the digital edition of this shower.