Please revert solo activities to 6.0

Jedi_riches

I have just arrived on Couruscant on my Consular and can't even pick up the weekly so that I can do it along side my questing on this planet. Why can we only do the activities you want us to do?

Most of the changes you made in 7.0 have made the game less fun for people, we even told you many of this in the PTS and that makes things like this all the more frustrating.

I have just arrived on Couruscant on my Consular and can't even pick up the weekly so that I can do it along side my questing on this planet. Why can we only do the activities you want us to do?

Most of the changes you made in 7.0 have made the game less fun for people, we even told you many of this in the PTS and that makes things like this all the more frustrating.

Several of us asked why they did this in the PTS forum. They never gave an explanation other than weeklies are now tied to GS objectives. You can still pick up the individual heroics from either the terminal on Coruscant or the Fleet however, having the weekly in our activities log just made it easier as well as giving that extra XP and credits as well as making travel to the associated planet easier (especially for new players who might be low on credits for the taxis or ship travel). It's frustrating that soloers lost a huge part of our options though.

The change in rotating weeklies makes no sense.

Why are we rotating planets for weeklies and then allowing players to run those weeklies 3 times each?

We also have a weekly cap on Aquatic Resource Matrix... again, there is no point in limiting planets.

Then we have the issue of crowding since people can not pick and choose planets. Players are fighting over using objectives, some of which have a respawn timer of more than 2 minutes and you need 8 of them... and there are only 9 of them on the planet!

My confusion at why this change was made matches yours.

Edited by illgot

While I'm not a fan of the change by any means, there's a vibe to a lot of these threads and posts lately that rubs me the wrong way. What makes no sense to me is people saying that they can't play certain things anymore because the weeklies rotate. ORLY? What exactly can't you play? Weeklies aren't something that you play, it's a modest XP and convenience bonus that you get for playing certain Heroics... all of which you can totally still play. You just don't get the modest XP and convenience bonus for doing so anymore.

I think a lot of the complainers are shooting themselves in the foot by making these exaggerated, histrionic and wrong claims about what you can and can't do. If I were a dev reading this stuff, I'd have a hard time taking that seriously. I mean, I'd know that you were having an emotional tantrum about the issue, but I'd also know that you couldn't even be bothered to say something accurate about it, so I'd question how much you really cared or knew what you were talking about. I'd be tempted to just tell you to go be hysterical on your fainting couch and then come back when you can use your words.

And it's a real shame, because there are some real issues, as some of the posts in this thread show. Overcrowding and clicky reset timers are a real problem (although they are now much LESS of a problem on planets that aren't on the weekly rotation, as I've seen. Which makes sense. The Heroics on Hutta were always a wait slog with too many people wanting too many things to respawn until this last week.) But they kind of get lost in the noise. I mean, on the JackieKo post from today, the very first reply is a claim that the update physically hurts the poster. C'mon, that's absurd.

Edited by joshuadyal

This is no exaggeration. People with eye problems get pain and headaches from it due to strain.

Curiously, they don't get eye strain or headaches from posting repeated angry screeds on these forums, which are not exactly a pleasant color scheme for easy reading. Or from having avatars with bright blue harsh lighting lightsabers. It's a very selective problem. Fainting couches are thataway.

Edited by joshuadyal

This is no exaggeration. People with eye problems get pain and headaches from it due to strain.

I put the person you quoted on ignore because I'm pretty sure he/she/they are just trolling. I despair that some people on this forum have no concept of how another person's experience might differ. The attitude he/she/they had that "it doesn't affect me so it can't possibly affect anyone else" is dire and all too frequent on here.

I put the person you quoted on ignore because I'm pretty sure he/she/they are just trolling. I despair that some people on this forum have no concept of how another person's experience might differ. The attitude he/she/they had that "it doesn't affect me so it can't possibly affect anyone else" is dire and all too frequent on here.

I'm on ignore to you, because "oh noez" but I'm pretty sure that anyone who claims that the color scheme is literally harming them is the one trolling. The fact that you think I'M trolling for pointing out how absurd that sounds says a lot about the state of our society, and none of it is flattering. That there's a not insignificant portion of the player base that can't understand that treating their minor inconveniences like life or death struggles is the real problem. What is needed isn't "more empathy" it's "less enabling and less entitlement."

Where is the ignore option? I tried to find it earlier, and couldn't.

I think they're trolls too, and if they're not that's just sad. Don't want to see their posts anymore. Where is it?

Edit: found it!

Edited by Kaecillius

Where is the ignore option? I tried to find it earlier, and couldn't.

I think they're trolls too, and if they're not that's just sad. Don't want to see their posts anymore. Where is it?

Edit: found it!

Yay! It will change your forum life :D

As a soloer running mostly heroic weeklies... I am SO SICK of running the same heroics over and over all week on my characters.

So. Sick. Of. It.

I'm not sure where BW was going with this but I can tell you right now that once I've reached 326 IR and got my legendaries, I will play WAY less, not more, because this is just not fun (especially as killing everything takes twice as long now too). I used to play CQ for fun and enjoy getting gear sets for every character. Now it's a chore.

7.0 pretty much ruined the game for me.

As a soloer running mostly heroic weeklies... I am SO SICK of running the same heroics over and over all week on my characters.

So. Sick. Of. It.

I'm not sure where BW was going with this but I can tell you right now that once I've reached 326 IR and got my legendaries, I will play WAY less, not more, because this is just not fun (especially as killing everything takes twice as long now too). I used to play CQ for fun and enjoy getting gear sets for every character. Now it's a chore.

That sums up my feelings quite well. The update has sucked almost all fun out of the game and replaced it with an boring grind.

ORLY? What exactly can't you play?

Problem behind that is conquest, if you haven't figured that out by now. And a few of these weekly missions also contain reputation items which are gone with the mission being not available, i.e. if you want to level reputation outside of the schedule, it is worse now than it was before. I see increasingly more players just getting exhausted from all that, i.e. there is an increased "burn rate" among the players, and that not even 2 weeks in. Whether this slows down or just causes more players quitting ... not clear, but I'd consider this a warning sign.

So. Sick. Of. It.

Yup definitely feels like a chore now and yeah the classes do feel weaker so mobs are harder to kill.