Broken cutscenes - no lightsaber

Jenova

Hi all, Ive returned to the game after a long time, finishing up Coruscant on my Jedi Knight (Shadow), but so far every cutscene where my character draws a lightsaber, he is holding air. No lightsaber in any cutscenes. Its extremely funny and immersion breaking.

Is there anything I can do?

I made a thread about this in december as it was the same for a Warrior who took the Assassin combat style. There was no response to it back then and it seems this has made it to live now. I guess they gave us the possibility to have a dual saber build as JK or SW but did not adjust the cutscenes accordingly. I hope this will get fixed as it's really immersion breaking and a really big oversight.

I made a thread about this in december as it was the same for a Warrior who took the Assassin combat style. There was no response to it back then and it seems this has made it to live now. I guess they gave us the possibility to have a dual saber build as JK or SW but did not adjust the cutscenes accordingly. I hope this will get fixed as it's really immersion breaking and a really big oversight.

I can't believe something so serious would be overlooked.

The whole game is about story, and cutscenes are vital to the experience. Are you telling me they just forgot to change the cutscene dynamics?

Ive progressed further in the story now, after Coruscant, and my Jedi is still holding air against a Sith. This is insane.

I can't believe something so serious would be overlooked.

The whole game is about story, and cutscenes are vital to the experience. Are you telling me they just forgot to change the cutscene dynamics?

Ive progressed further in the story now, after Coruscant, and my Jedi is still holding air against a Sith. This is insane.

Unfortunately this is exactly what seems to have happened.

If they are trying to reel in new players with this "expansion" then the story and cutscenes are their bread and butter. Having your character wave air in the face of the enemy is not particularly impressivel, but - like you said - comical (in a bad way) and feels like you are playing an alpha or beta build of a game.

And even if they put a generic lightsaber in your hand like they do with the holdout blaster for some tech classes, so you are at least not mimicking, it would still break immersion. I can live with my Marauder/Sentinel just using one lightsaber in the cutscenes (even if it's sad), but having an Assassin/Shadow suddenly use a one-handed saber just doesn't work.

Now I feel like rolling another Warrior Assassin to see if it's still the same problem there, too.

lets not forget that the space battle at the beginning of the expansion story blips to a weird background every time there's a cinematic "cut".

Yeah, what's up with that? It was really irritating, especially on Pub-side. Gave the cutscenes an unpolished feel.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.