Please Take Ruins of Nul Out of Rotation

The FP is nearly unplayable. Two boss fights send you through the floor, to instant death that doesn't' even reset to the fight so you have to die to them AGAIN. Malgus fight can bug out to the point it's not clearable. Go back to the drawing board.

i have had trouble with the bonus boss , and the computer boss

- bonus boss ( 3 droids ) ware not getting stunned by each others' abilities

slim bot > yellow line NOT stunning floater bot

floater bot > yellow circle NOT stunning fat bot

- computer boss

adds ware spawning way too quickly and overwhelmed us

P.S - people that have trouble like OP should at least post what they had trouble with

A. Make sure all four members are Level 80 and at least 320 geared.

B. Make sure both DPS are capable of 13k to 17k DPS throughout the FP.

C. Bring Electro-Stun grenades. Also be sure to have a knock back and stun ability selected and a root in the knock back if possible.

Bonus Boss

Have ONE DPS do a continuous burn on the Skinny NPC that drops the Target AOE circles. Keep the burn up until about 5-7%.

Meanwhile, have the Tank, other DPS and Healer do the necessary mechanics for the Fat Droid and The Floating Cylinder and bring them quickly down to under 10%. Solid circle to the Fat Droid and the line channel to the Floating Cylinder.

Once it's confirmed that the Skinny NPC is under 7%, do a very quick and hard finish on the Fat Droid and the Cylinder Droid....THEN everyone switches to the Skinny NPC and finishes him off.

The Wall Boss

Tank grabs Volatile and pulls and burn at the cores in order.

DPS are on the ads FIRST - assist with Volatile SECOND.

When ads spawn, healer does a rooted knock back on the ads group. This will root the Awakened NPC.

This buys time for the DPS to tab target the Awakened NPC and do a hard rotation on him bringing him down quick. Use your single target stun if necessary - IT REALLY HELPS.

Burn the Volatile and blow the core...then finish off the Relic NPC.

During Cores 2 and 3, the ads groups will have multiple Awakened.

Again, the healer does a rooted knock back. DPS target awakened and burn em down. Healer can follow up with a Electro Stun grenade on the group to reduce damage by Awakened on the DPS and Healer.

DPS can also use their stuns and add Electro-Stun Grenade to the mix.

Once you survive the third core, it's usually a win. Focus burn the boss. The volatile that comes out can be DPSed, stunned, etc.

The number one thing you can do to help the healer is to stay out of fire circles.

=8-)

Edited by orig_mrrabbit

The force pull in the Malgus fight is bugged beyond recognition. Certain classes (Sorcs) are not effected by it but others have no time to react. It's a complete mess. It works fine on solo but on Vet, I have yet to see anybody beat the last boss. Maybe an all sorc group can do it, who knows.

Malgus fight :

- stay on the outer circle when he strafes

- use defensive cooldowns during his " lightning " attacks

It's got nothing to do with the mechanics. The fight is BUGGED. When he does the knock back it launches you through the floor and out of the arena, killing you instantly.

It is not the mechanics of the fight that make it difficult, and when the bugs don't appear it is fairly easy, but yesterday I FINALLY encountered the Malgus bug and... its pretty bad haha. We spent around an hour trying to figure out how to get past the mechanics bugging us out of the arena, I have a clear video showing at least some of the bugs if anyone wants to see it, please DM me and I'll get you the link. At multiple points in the fight, you see me getting teleported out of the fight, and at one point I end up about 20-30 meters BELOW the circular arena, before being portaled back to the medcenter again. There is a point of the rocks above that allow a healer to jump and heal allies in a specific area that we used (after being glitched OUT of the arena, we were not trying to break the fight) to keep our remaining two members alive for long enough for them to finally kill the boss.

Routinely, especially for melee classes, the Malgus bug will have a push/pull mechanic (similar to Revan HM fight, we later hypothesized that at least part of the Malgus fight is a direct copy and paste of level 1 of Revan) that causes the player to be killed, and usually instantly rezzed at the nearby med station. They are usually brought out of combat by this, but not always. We started trying to avoid this by having our tank keep line of sighting Malgus as he casts one of his knockback abilities by the fallen pillar. We had some success with this, but were not able to keep doing it consistently with other mechanics for long enough to actually kill the boss. Eventually we decided to use the pillars along the edge of the arena like the knockback from Revan, and just put ALL of our backs to it, particularly in areas that were very slightly higher elevation. At one point I was knocked back into the pillar, and then glitched out to the medcenter after I had moved off the very slightly higher elevated area.

When the fight works it is FINE. The problem is the inconsistency with which this bug occurs (that is CLEARLY a bug, not a mechanic) and the inability for most groups to deal with how broken the fight is because of this.

Also, we discovered that the fight with the first boss in Nul, it is better put yourself in front of the trees for the knockback, as getting sent flying into the rocky walls around the fight area was more likely to cause you to be /stucked by the game and fall into map. Trees are more solid than rocks I guess.

Regnant is just a bit overtuned honestly, biggest problem was the tank taking 2-3 different stacking dots (same dot, multiple causes) and taking 40k+ damage per second. Cleansing helped, just can't cleanse too early or you wouldn't be able to cleanse the next batch.

Thank goodness this came up twice in weekly queue for VM last night and both weren't bugged. I too spent over an hour with the group on my 2nd run through it, very frustrating. One thing I know is that staying near the perimeter, but not where you would get knocked back into the force barrier, seems key - I get between a column and the fallen section of rubble until it's launched (even when I am the one pulling). From there it seems like normal in figuring out how to negotiate the mechanics, even the next big pull from him (seems to work normally after the first). Was even able to take him down from 65% with only two of us left. Edited by HypSpec

Had my first run of Nul Vet Mode this weekend while playing my pyrotech.

No bugs whatsoever until we got to Malgus. (Grapple is fantastic for the volatile floaters at Regnant)

At Malgus I got too greedy and jumped to meet him in the middle at which point I got insta-killed during his pull

After a couple explanations and others getting bugged, we got into a decent rhythm of avoiding the bugged-pull and sapping to new pillars to save us from getting knocked into the shield.

On our victory round, the other 2 dps still died either from bug or lack of DCD, but the healer and I got him down for the count

• 3 weeks later...