Marauder Companions: Who do you swear by?

xO_om

I'm level 43.

I find Quinn in Med Watch stance to be most efficient. I'm not sure if this is merely an illusion resulting from lack of downtime between mobs. Perhaps using a geared Jeasa to DPS rush and regen between pulls would yield overall faster progress?

Who do you roll with and why?

And my million dollar question: Can Broonmark become a respectable DPS when well-geared and set to Combat Stance?

Marauder Companions: Who do you swear by?

1. Quinn is excellent for easy trash farming since he provides spamhealnodowntime.

2. Quinn is excellent for killing champions and heroic 4 pulls because those fights have a very significant "HOW MUCH CAN I HEAL MYSELF" factor.

3. Jaesa is technically bad. Her major problem is that she does not focus fire with you, negating the advantage of multiple DPS. She seems to be coded specifically to attack the target you are NOT attacking, in order to "offtank" it, or some ********. The problem here is that Jaesa sucks dick at tanking. You, the Marauder, have an AOE mez, Saber Ward, COTD+Saber Ward, Cloak of Pain, Obfuscate, interrupt, Force Choke, Undying Rage, AND BETTER GEAR. Generally speaking, it's better for you to tank, and then you can dump aggro onto Jaesa using stealth mid-fight after you've gone through your 37 cooldowns. However, while you tank, it would be amazingly useful if Jaesa helped you beat the **** out of the mob you were attacking, so it dies, reducing the total amount of damage you're eating.

4. Vette is very good for killing Heroic2 stuff, because she can AOE burst the **** out of whatever your killing, drastically reducing incoming damage. She doesn't need to focus fire as much because she "focus fires everything" with her AOE spam. Thus, she ends up melting the mob you are attacking a good bit.

TLDR: JAESA IS HOT, BUT LEAVE HER IN THE KITCHEN MAKING MEDPACS*. BRING HER OUT TO LOOK PRETTY IN FRONT OF QUEST NPCs TO MAKE HER HAPPY SO YOU CAN GET IN HER PANTS.

* Her AOE snare is more interesting for PvP applications however.

Use Quinn if you want to fall asleep or do something obnoxiously difficult. Vette is plenty viable as a DPS.

And my million dollar question: Can Broonmark become a respectable DPS when well-geared and set to Combat Stance?

No idea because he probably suffers from the same AI deficiencies as Jaesa, and he doesn't have the **** and *** to make up for it, so I never really tried him.

I agree 100% that Quinn is the most efficient.

However, I personally use Jaesa with no problem. I played guild wars for many years, so micro-management isn't very difficult for me. I tend to have her concentrate fire on whatever I'm attacking (hitting ctrl+1 takes half a second, and there's no cooldown, lol). It feels like (to me) I clear groups faster with Jaesa, even with the Channel Hatred downtime of 2-3 seconds.

If I'm doing Heroic 2 areas, I pull out Quinn - and that's the only time I use him. I'm interested to see what Peirce (Pierce?) does, but I've never actually used him.

I'm gonna get flamed for this: but I highly dislike Vette. No mechanical reason.

Oh, and by the way, I always send Jaesa into fights first. Nice way to distribute damage equally, if I get in serious situations, I camo out and let her build more threat, then charge back in. I usually never die - so I must be doing something right.

All in all, I think you should find what works for you. That's a big part of MMo's, everyone can tell you how to play your class, but it always depends on how YOU play your class. I've seen people with builds that are laughable out-dps/heal people using the Meta.

Let the volcano that is flaming begin.

O noes i can't left click a red fist next to my companions portait before i engage the enemy, I'll lose too much DPS or something!

Jeasa is a beast. Give her gear, start fights by sending her in then leap to same target, pwn face, rinse, repeat. Only time i bring Quinn out is when i'm grouped and we don't have a healer. Rest of our companions can eat ***** for all i care.

TLDR: JAESA IS HOT, BUT LEAVE HER IN THE KITCHEN MAKING MEDPACS*. BRING HER OUT TO LOOK PRETTY IN FRONT OF QUEST NPCs TO MAKE HER HAPPY SO YOU CAN GET IN HER PANTS.

LOL!

I haven't used her much, she does have some good dps, but I prefer Quinn, because I solo all the time, and when I use him, there is virtually no downtime.

Like someone said, he's more efficient.

Vette.

I've only tried Quinn once when I got him, and Jaesa once when I got her, prefer Vette.

Im 44 on Voss.

Kit out Vette in orange gear, fully modded, she chucks out insane damage, can tag the aggro with you (use camoflauge to pass it over) and unlike Jaesa, doesnt get in the way so I can see whats going on.

Normally on elites , I would send her to attack first, wait a second then charge in and stack all my dots, force choke to give the ticks time to play, then as my cooldowns play out, camo to pass the aggro back to her, and unload again.

After that cycle, a gold 2 levels above me is normally dead or very near to.

Vette in general.

Quinn for Champion type of encounters.

Vette lets me kill quicker.

Q- allows me to stay alive long enough to see the Big Bosses bleed (Annih).

I suspect if I were not Annih, then maybe I'd have a different preference.

In general, I like Vette's comments better than I like the others, aside from maybe the droid. But he never shuts up.

might just macro her attack button in with my charge...and use when i need her to assist me and only me.

love my keyboard!

I hear that, Naga+nostromo, can make up macros and keybinds for everything. Or like a couple posters pointed out, one could just send the pet in first to whatever you want to attack and then just follow up with them

I actually use Jasea and like the fact she takes one off to the side and kills it while i kill the rest because all the melee come at me and my smash basicaly one shots them.

I'm also already in her pants and I like her voice 8)

I switch some times to broonmark just because talz model is odd and if I need a healer for something Dr quinn medicine woman.

3. Jaesa is technically bad. Her major problem is that she does not focus fire with you, negating the advantage of multiple DPS. She seems to be coded specifically to attack the target you are NOT attacking, in order to "offtank" it, or some ********. The problem here is that Jaesa sucks dick at tanking. You, the Marauder, have an AOE mez, Saber Ward, COTD+Saber Ward, Cloak of Pain, Obfuscate, interrupt, Force Choke, Undying Rage, AND BETTER GEAR. Generally speaking, it's better for you to tank, and then you can dump aggro onto Jaesa using stealth mid-fight after you've gone through your 37 cooldowns. However, while you tank, it would be amazingly useful if Jaesa helped you beat the **** out of the mob you were attacking, so it dies, reducing the total amount of damage you're eating.

1.) Start fight (IE leap into combat)

2.) press Control + 1

3.) ????

4.) Profit

it really doesnt get any simpler. companions are pets and you have to control them as such.