Choices - Alliance Empire vs Republic

lawfig

I have a question about the choice to side with the empire or republic, or rejoin the empire or the republic. At what point will this really matter.

I have run Retaliation on a Sith Allied Warrior and a Republic aligned Agent. Zero difference so far. Granted, I paused while running both in same place and there was nothing to indicate that my agent traitor to the empire acted any differently than my empire loyalist.

I wish the writers could keep up with things like that, it makes it not worth the effort to venture down each choice with different characters.

There are three decision points, all somewhat spoilerish:

War on Iokath

This is the first, with a narrative impact based on the fact that one of two leaders pays the Biggest Price for an epic piece of folly, depending on your decision. This one has some odd effects when you're on Iokath, but little else.

Nathema Conspiracy

This is the second, in the scene talking to Lana after the flashpoint, and has essentially no effect on anything outside of Lana's exact words in the same conversation.

Jedi Under Siege

This is the third, and the only one with a lasting gameplay impact, and even then it's more of a narrative impact. This is the point where you decide to back your home faction or the other faction, and that decision sticks, and makes you either a Loyalist (backed the home side) or a Saboteur (backed the other side).

So until you reach the JUS decision, it's not final, but the JUS decision *is* final.

I have a question about the choice to side with the empire or republic, or rejoin the empire or the republic. At what point will this really matter.

I have run Retaliation on a Sith Allied Warrior and a Republic aligned Agent. Zero difference so far. Granted, I paused while running both in same place and there was nothing to indicate that my agent traitor to the empire acted any differently than my empire loyalist.

I wish the writers could keep up with things like that, it makes it not worth the effort to venture down each choice with different characters.

Good question. It doesn't seem to at all. The saboteur option seems like a pitiful attempt at giving those who sided with the opposite faction in the Eternal/Fallen storyline a way to pretend their actions matter. You go from working directly with the big whigs to being some peon's puppet all the while doing nothing useful. It's sad and I'd rather have them not offered it at all than do it so poorly.

Then again, the story seems to now be written by people who write high school fan fiction and don't actually play the game, so I'm not sure why I expected anything better with this latest addition of a whopping couple hours of content.

So until you reach the JUS decision, it's not final, but the JUS decision *is* final.

No, it's not. If you choose to go the saboteur route you can

back out of it after the Meridian Complex FP if you did not choose the last saboteur option.

• 3 weeks later...
I stayed with the alliance on my jedi knight and probably will on most my characters. Once I was told I was no longer a jedi, I gave them a big f-you and left. Strangely enough it felt like an ahsoka moment and totally satisfying. I don't want their stick up their butt senators or their stupid jedi leaders, politics and policies on my planet permanently. I could care less about Jedi titles as if that makes things so enticing. Nope, I will remain as commander and do things my way and help out the republic or empire if needed with no strings attached. Edited by Darthmoriquendi

I stayed with the alliance on my jedi knight and probably will on most my characters. Once I was told I was no longer a jedi, I gave them a big f-you and left. Strangely enough it felt like an ahsoka moment and totally satisfying. I don't want their stick up their butt senators or their stupid jedi leaders, politics and policies on my planet permanently. I could care less about Jedi titles as if that makes things so enticing. Nope, I will remain as commander and do things my way and help out the republic or empire if needed with no strings attached.

That angle sounds so much better than what we currently have. Right now I can't seem to care about the Republic and Empire killing each other by orders of warmongers with grudges.

Unless they are being manipulated to fight each other; yet again. In which case I would rather focus on that instead of being a pawn in the front line running seemly aleatory errands.

That angle sounds so much better than what we currently have. Right now I can't seem to care about the Republic and Empire killing each other by orders of warmongers with grudges.

Unless they are being manipulated to fight each other; yet again. In which case I would rather focus on that instead of being a pawn in the front line running seemly aleatory errands.

Agree so much. I played my Bounty Hunter through this on Imperial side and I can honestly say that I hate it with a passion. I mean you have a few light side choices, but it still makes me feel like garbage. I keep wondering what the heck are my friends thinking back at the alliance about all this. What is Theron thinking? What is Arcann thinking after him coming back from the dark side? I mean it makes no sense that I even need to be pulled into the their political games or be their hired muscle against those I have tried to unite over the past few years and after all that has happened.The alliance are my family and friends. I mean bombing civilians? It makes my heart hurt and I feel really uncomfortable about the way this is being handled.

I love stories that go off the beaten path and don't just remain doing the same old thing. That is why I loved the alliance so much. Not your typical Imp fighting Republic all the time. But the way bioware is heading with this, it makes me worry about the future and what is going to happen with some of our companions. I mean sooner or later someone is going to get fed up with the killing and lleave to go back to their faction. I just hope Theron or Lana is not one of them.

I am most likely only going to do one Imperial side just to see how it plays out and see the new characters on that side.. I am just said it is my main character. Now I am stuck with it. I have never been one to enjoy killing eveything in the game either. I never even killed off any main character. I guess I am a softee with a big heart. Lol

if you're talking about the bombing civilians in meridan complex thing, there is a LS choice not to do that. It isn't the sabateur choice but I did it with one of my sabs, in fact one of my other chars sabs I got bawled out by Theron for letting them get bombed as sab (sab i think is a neutral choice there? don't remember).

My Jedi are Jedi. They rejoined the Republic because 1) The Alliance was about defeating The Eternal Empire, which we did, not rule the galaxy and 2) They're very much interested in restoring the Jedi Oder.

Smuggler naturally remains Independent because he's the Boss of Two Planets - Odessen and Zakuul and has the favor of Voss. He's hit the Jackpot. Trooper remains Independent because he has Responsibility to the people he's led.

All my Imperials remain Independent because it means being Independent. They finally have Personal Freedom.

Edited by Hadsil

if you're talking about the bombing civilians in meridan complex thing, there is a LS choice not to do that. It isn't the sabateur choice but I did it with one of my sabs, in fact one of my other chars sabs I got bawled out by Theron for letting them get bombed as sab (sab i think is a neutral choice there? don't remember).

This happened to me yesterday. I was doing sab on my marauder for the republic. I wasn't paying attention and missed the bombing civilians one and just auto picked the sabateur option. Walking in on theron yelling at lana and then me made me feel terrible. At first I was like what did I do? And then figured out what I missed. Won't make that mistake again. I love theron too much even if I don't romance him.