How do you release an “expansion” with a bugged final boss battle?

SoonerJBD

Of all the frustrating things about this Hindenburg catastrophe of an update, this probably gets me the most. You hype this big final battle with Malgus, and the fight has a bug that insta-kills you, and it isn’t even avoidable if you are melee. This is just mind boggling. You have a public test server. You even postponed releasing this war crime of an update for a couple of months, and you didn’t bother fixing the final fight of the disappointingly short story you added? Imagine you worked at a real office job. You worked for two years on a major project, showed up to present it to the boss, and instead got up on the conference table and took a massive dump in the middle of it. That is what you’ve managed to do here. It would almost be impressive if I wasn’t the one forced to smell it. How do any of you keep your jobs?

Were you on story mode?

I face tanked him with my silly little infil shadow on story mode.

Maybe i got lucky?

Probably. From what I've read so far it has nothing to do with difficulty, but his attack that throws players around regularly glitches people through the walls/floor and they have to respawn.

Huh, I encountered a lot of bugs but not any with Malgus, at least I don't think so.

I fought him with two characters and I did notice that I got close to dying with both of them late in the fight but I assumed that was because he had some strong attack with a dumb difficulty spike, some bosses have those.

But maybe I just got lucky too.

Were you on story mode?

Maybe i got lucky?

You got lucky. He does an ability that is supposed to pull you to the middle. For me and many others, it sends you into the floor, and you die with fall damage. Repeatedly.

You got lucky. He does an ability that is supposed to pull you to the middle. For me and many others, it sends you into the floor, and you die with fall damage. Repeatedly.

Yep. I mean, did we really need more proof you hate marauders, Bioware?

Vulkk recommends hiding behind a pillar and setting Darth Useless to tank. Gonna try it now because at least it's free to die 15 times in a row.

Must say, though, Malgus's other attack, where he runs around the arena like my cat at 4 am is the best. :rak_03:

This is by far the most galling of the multitude of game breaking bugs in this "expansion". What should have been your "shining star" is bugged to the point that you have to cheese it to finish it. If anything in the game should have worked properly, it should have been the end story fight.

Were you on story mode?

Maybe i got lucky?

You got lucky.

I fought Malgus yesterday (story mode) and I died quite often from his bugged attack. I managed to kill him eventually, but only by cheesing him. Hardly an experience I ever want again...

In addition to the pulling ability auto killing me with fall damage, I kept having issues with Malgus resetting when I would get him down to about 30 percent. I finally got it to work by pulling him over to the broken pillar, which bugged his abilities and led to him essentially spamming his lightning ability mixed with his basic stuff. I was able to duck out to heal enough times without getting pulled to my death. It took at least 20 tries. The worst part was I had to take a break after the first 8-10 pulls to do some other things. When I came back, I had to start the entire FP over again. It was excruciating.