Old UI > New UI

MarcusGunz

I won't beat around the bush as I'm prone to do: I don't like the new UI.

Now, don't get me wrong: I can appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping a game going and a new story update is just what we needed, but the interface feels - for want of a better word - backwards.

The new icons for the classes look as though they'd be better in a police thriller game, the inventory system is warped into something like a military strategy game, and the character panels to view your character and companions look straight out of an FPS like Metal Gear Solid 4.

I know this really isn't the place for it, but I just felt like I needed to get this off my chest and see if there's anybody out there who agrees with me.

I know this really isn't the place for it, but I just felt like I needed to get this off my chest and see if there's anybody out there who agrees with me.

This is certainly the place for it. In fact, hardly any discussion on the last ten pages of this forum is about anything other than dissatisfaction with some aspect of 7.0, the UI being one of the top ones.

In my eyes (literally) it is the worst thing in this update. Combat styles can be used or ignored as preferred, the ability choices in the higher levels are annoying but not straight from hell (I had preferred had they done it like on lower levels, with choices on how to buff abilities or which one to buff instead of which one to heep).

Problems with the UI though:

- Elephant in the room: inventory makes peoples' eyes and head hurt, mine included, as well as being as easy on the eye as one of those optical illusions.

- The new inventory and other new windows look barebones and quite ugly

- The character sheet hides the important stats behind highly hypothetical numbers that probably don't account for procs, making them nearly meaningless.

- All the new icons are stuff that can be drawn up by anyone in a few minutes and are utterly devoid of everything.

I could live with all other changes I know of, except the UI.

Edited by JojoKasei