Changing loadout messes up my quickbar.

DerheilersIII

Hi there, so I got this problem with the new update, don't know if i'm doing something wrong but most likely i'm not, my skills reset position every time i change my loadout, practically it messes up my quickbar, it even resets my skill tree completely and removes mainhand and offhand weapons back into the inventory.

Any useful help is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by DerheilersIII

Hi there, so I got this problem with the new update, don't know if i'm doing something wrong but most likely i'm not, my skills reset position every time i change my loadout, practically it messes up my quickbar, it even resets my skill tree completely and removes mainhand and offhand weapons back into the inventory.

Same here. I hope this is fixed because I've had to take pictures of how I arranged my quickbars and skill choices so I'd remember them when changing combat styles. The swap no only re-arranges the quickbar, but often forgets to add skills making you have to look up your abilities each time.

Really hoping this is a bug and eventually loadouts will remember your tree choices and the way you have your quickbar laid out.

This seems to be more of a poorly explained feature than a bug. Took me forever to figure that out. I recommend going to YouTube and look for videos explaining loadouts and what they do. This is something that I feel should have been given a tutorial prior to access to discipline & combat style changes. I've likely spoiled a couple of tunes already by experimenting with combat styles before I understood how important figuring out loadouts first was gonna be. I kinda preferred back when I could just play the game. I'm gonna go follow my own advice now. :)

The way they have it set up is entirely confusing. Literally you have to switch using the loadout or everything resets, and you make that mistake and suddenly all your hotkeys have reset. I would like it to be more intuitive, but it's better than what was in place before.

• 4 months later...

sounds like I have to update my loadout button, every time I make a change.

Say I save a load out as lvl 1, it will always use that level one loadout ? it won't update by it self, so I would have to save it again every time I add/change active location on Quickbar ?

I did notice, but it didn't click till now, as I change gear ,that I might have to update loadout again ? I'm finding gear removed when using loadout selection, sill instead of me wearing it, its now in inventory. Should had caught on what was going on there :o

Guess I need to spend some time playing with the loadout's , to understand it better

okay . . tried it again, with a different character. it did work . . once,

then it was back to messing up the quickbar again.

It just doesn't save , kinda a one time use thing

I'll keep playing with it, hopefully I don't have t engage anything while playing with it

That's not a bug. It is working as intended. Loadouts are designed to save everything to make respecing a breeze. It will save the position of abilities on your hotbar, gear, utilities, etc. If you make any changes to your hotbar without pushing those changes to the loadout, it will reset everything back to the way it was next time you apply the loadout.

OP, make sure you have your hotbar setup exactly the way you want it before saving the loadout. I guess they should make this more clear to people when the create loadout button is clicked.

It saves the hotbar for some abilities. If you change your utilities, such as pick saber reflect instad of dash, the new chosen ability goes wherever it wants to. It does not go where I have dragged it over and over again. For that to happen, I would need to create yet another loadout, and yet another loadout for whatever abilities I might want to use. There is not enough room for all the loadouts I'd need for different specs and ability choices, so I call it broken.

I tried another class then the one, and it did work, I haven't tried all classes, but it's not working if I do with the combo disciplines Sorcerer/Guardian, so far it's not working with all my Guardians as much I know. It is working for the Sorcerer part, NOW.

I did it with another set of classes, but right now can't recall which, but they both worked, and were not Guardian and sorcerer.

So far for me, the Guardian quickbar is not being saved, some of the others I have no idea if they work or not