The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shoulder Missile has been left behind

HaoZhao

In the previous expansion, most abilities with multiple (but still limited) uses moved to the charged format. For example, operatives get one charge of roll, every 8 seconds. Shoulder missile should also work like this.

You should get one charge of Shoulder Missile, every 30 seconds. Advanced Prototype would get a charge every 15 seconds, perhaps.

The way that Shoulder Missile works in the current game is tedious and it's possible to just lose all of your missiles if you die at the wrong time in PVP and such.

There are two Legendary Implants coming in 7.0 which interact with shoulder missile. From the PTS:

Mandalorian Armanents

When Shoulder Cannon is put on cooldown, it applies Autocannon to you for 60 seconds, firing a rocket at your current target whenever you deal direct damage. This additional rocket can fire once every 10 seconds.

Veteran Ranger

Each Shoulder Cannon rocket has a 50% chance to trigger an additional rocket.

Shoulder Missile works perfectly fine as it is. It's supposed to add even more oomph to your burst window, not be some random weak nuke every 30 sec.

On the other hand, in its current form it really is only useful in AP. Pyro and Tank could benefit from some tweaked versions of the skill, like Pyro's missile stacking some/ticking existing DoT effect and Tank one being aoe and generating additional aggro or providing some defensive benefits.

Shoulder Missile works perfectly fine as it is. It's supposed to add even more oomph to your burst window, not be some random weak nuke every 30 sec.

On the other hand, in its current form it really is only useful in AP. Pyro and Tank could benefit from some tweaked versions of the skill, like Pyro's missile stacking some/ticking existing DoT effect and Tank one being aoe and generating additional aggro or providing some defensive benefits.

You wouldn't need to use it every 30. You'd use it the same way you use it now. You'd let them charge up to 4 (or 7). The difference is that you wouldn't be able to lose them in PVP. Either because you died while they were charging or because they expired while you were guarding an objective.

PVE-ers don't know half of this game.

You wouldn't need to use it every 30. You'd use it the same way you use it now. You'd let them charge up to 4 (or 7).

Ah, misinterpreted your message then. Still, not an issue to me. If you pop your OCD while getting demolished - it's entirely on you. If you pop Shoulder Cannon while defing BEFORE getting CC'd and let it expire - again, your fault.

I mean, I won't mind these changes at all, it's just such a minor QoL, while there are so many glaring issues that should've been adressed ages ago.

PVE-ers don't know half of this game.

Friendly fire, mate. Don't care much about Swtor's PVE - it's pretty dull.

Ah, misinterpreted your message then. Still, not an issue to me. If you pop your OCD while getting demolished - it's entirely on you. If you pop Shoulder Cannon while defing BEFORE getting CC'd and let it expire - again, your fault.

I mean, I won't mind these changes at all, it's just such a minor QoL, while there are so many glaring issues that should've been adressed ages ago.

Friendly fire, mate. Don't care much about Swtor's PVE - it's pretty dull.

If you could reliably plan for getting destroyed, no one would ever die. lol

Death happens, but PT is the only class where you potentially come back from death missing your burst. Shoulder Cannon doesn't expire from CC. It actually lasts for a massive 5 min. BUT, if you are guarding an objective for more than 5 min, it expires then. When a fight does come, you then have no burst.

Changing Shoulder Cannon to a normal CD would fix much of this problem. It causes zero harm.

If you could reliably plan for getting destroyed, no one would ever die. lol

Death happens, but PT is the only class where you potentially come back from death missing your burst. Shoulder Cannon doesn't expire from CC. It actually lasts for a massive 5 min. BUT, if you are guarding an objective for more than 5 min, it expires then. When a fight does come, you then have no burst.

Changing Shoulder Cannon to a normal CD would fix much of this problem. It causes zero harm.

Nah, what I meant was - you don't really NEED SC for defending a node against a frontal assault, you need it to prevent CC-cap. So the only scenario when you won't have it at your disposal (if you def 100% of the time) is popping it against a stealth-capper, chasing him away, then getting CC'd in another 5 mins, when the timer runs out. And I don't believe such a scenario would be all that common.

And your burst - c'mon, Cannon is just a cherry on top. Exp. fuel with Met. Brawler, detonator and powerloaded Energy Burst is where it's at. Granted, you could still die while under exp. fuel effect thus wasting it somewhat, but so could sorc with Polarity Shift, operative with their whatsitsname 3min CD, sniper popping Laze target just to get globalled a sec after, etc. All part of the game.

Again, what you suggested is fine, but I'd really prefer to see some tweaks/unique buffs for Shoulder Cannon in Pyro and Tank trees first. Because the base ability without the AP buffs is pretty lame.