The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Victorious Pioneer leveling set not providing full xp bonus at level 75 on PTS

SelenaCat

I was pretty excited when I saw that the Victorious Pioneer set bonus did not have a level limit like the 6.0 class sets. However, I wanted to confirm that it was actually working and not just a display bug, so I ran a quick test. To my dismay, it appears that the set is not actually working correctly at level 75.

I transferred in a fresh level 75 character (with a duplicate copy, as it always does). This character has no leveling perks, no resting xp, is unguilded, and no xp boosts are active. In both cases, I completed the Hutta "Man with the Steel Voice" heroic, which requires no combat if you take the darkside option. The only difference between the two tests was the use of the 7-piece Victorious Pioneer set (all other gear was removed).

Without the set: 85,818 xp

With the set: 89,251 xp

It appears that at level 75, the set is only providing a +4% xp bonus rather than the full +40% that it provides on live servers (I did confirm that a lower-level character on the PTS did still receive a +40% xp bonus using a level 25 character and the same testing methods).

I also ran the same test on another set of level 75's (again, no perks, unguilded, etc.) using the +25% major experience boost. It worked, but only seemed to provide a +20% xp bonus (102,982 xp vs. 85,818 xp), which sort of tracks since the Victorious Pioneer tooltip says +50%, but only provides +40%, so is off by a similar amount. But that's clearly a much smaller discrepancy than +4% vs. +40%.

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem.

- Without set i get: 905,297 XP

- With set i ge the same: 905,297 XP

It's a class mission level 75.

Mission:

https://torcommunity.com/database/mission/lW218oD/hostage+exchange/

So this set provides 0% XP boost, i have all 7 pieces on my toon.

It's not in outfitter but on gear tab, so it's correctly used.

:confused:

unfortunately that is working as intended as per this post : that set only works below level 75 now

Edited by Dekibra

This made me a little mad... I am not leveling any toons under 75. The whole point of the gear was to be able to level your toons faster. They are going to obsolete this game into the ground.

I mean, we worked stupid hard for that gear so it would make all of our leveling easier. Turning it off after people earned it is just wrong.

I almost wonder if they sit around and just think of ways they can upset people and still have a job.

I almost wonder if they sit around and just think of ways they can upset people and still have a job.

More of a case that the population of people having the xp gear will grow smaller over time, through natural attrition if nothing else, meaning the number of people motivated to complain about the loss of the xp boost 75+ will eventually be less and less. Dismissible enough of a situation, apparently.

More of a case that the population of people having the xp gear will grow smaller over time, through natural attrition if nothing else, meaning the number of people motivated to complain about the loss of the xp boost 75+ will eventually be less and less. Dismissible enough of a situation, apparently.

Only if we let them forget it.

Mando’ad Draar Digu