The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PTS Juggernaut Rage Spec 7x

MuxhtarAbdirahm

Hello

I have a hate/love relationship with the rage spec and its thanks to the talent

fuming rage that you got at 75 (at 73 in 7x) it lasting for 5sec, half of the time you don't get the benefit of having no cost on furious strike and Rage juggernaut is already starve for rage missing that 5sec of no cost to furious strike feels horrible. so pls make fuming rage last for 30sec or 15sec that would help the rage spec have a smoother rotation and will help make the spec relevant again

and i mean Relevant cause you have 90% of juggernauts are vengeance spec and 10% are immortal. seeing a rage juggernaut is like seeing a unicorn.

Atlest the talent name is perfect it does make me fuming with rage when i miss that window

This would be a pretty nice quality of life change. Vengeance already have an equivalent for hew that makes it free and that lasts for much longer. Rage still feels like the underdog out of the two specs on the PTS and lacks some of the extra utility that vengeance grants (CC immunity during leap, bonus damage reduction at all times etc), so hopefully it gets a bit of a boost.

You just gotta make sure to place furious strike close after force crush and there's no problem. Rage is almost static rotation, can't go wrong. Also, atleast in 6.x rage was in a fine position pve wise, even better on pvp. It's just overshadowed. I'm not gonna argue whether that's justified or not. To me Rage is the better version of Fury. Edited by atillavb

placing furious strike after force crush doesn't solve much in pve/pvp as boss and player could easily move away from the 4m range furious has and you lose out on the ability Cascading power which give you 5% increases on damage done after raging burst or smash.

Rage having static rotation is right but ''can't go wrong'' is false, losing out on the no rage cost on furious strike feels horrible to your static rotation, meaning you need to starts over.

Rage being better version of Fury I'm going to have to disagree with you.

You just gotta make sure to place furious strike close after force crush and there's no problem. Rage is almost static rotation, can't go wrong. Also, atleast in 6.x rage was in a fine position pve wise, even better on pvp. It's just overshadowed. I'm not gonna argue whether that's justified or not. To me Rage is the better version of Fury.

Don't get me wrong I love me some Rage, but it is absolutely not the better version of Fury. Fury is miles ahead of Rage in PvE and PvP. In PvE it has higher damage, better defenses, pred and a raid buff to bring to the group. (And Mara's passive 30% AoE DR is generally much better than the on demand 60% version that Juggs have).

In PvP having Camo and that sweet CC immunity on Force Crush is a major advantage. Sure Enraged Defense is better in PvP than in PvE, but I won't save you from focus like double Camo does.

Don't get me wrong I love me some Rage, but it is absolutely not the better version of Fury. Fury is miles ahead of Rage in PvE and PvP. In PvE it has higher damage, better defenses, pred and a raid buff to bring to the group. (And Mara's passive 30% AoE DR is generally much better than the on demand 60% version that Juggs have).

In PvP having Camo and that sweet CC immunity on Force Crush is a major advantage. Sure Enraged Defense is better in PvP than in PvE, but I won't save you from focus like double Camo does.

This. I love Rage but it is just a flat out worse version of Fury. I prefer playing Rage as the rotation is much easier to setup (don't have to rely on building extra resource pre-fight), but Fury just does more and does it better. Rage even uses the Fury tacticals because they are better.

I didn't play Rage Juggernaut beyond the minimal necessary to have a fair Idea of how it works and I really don't like that your ressource management has been greatly tied into using your new discipline-specific Enrage Ability tbh. It's made to make sure you have a lot of rage, but it only deals damage if you have 12/12 rage and consumes ALL 12 RAGE on cast for AoE damage that, while not bad, isn't really overwhelming enough to warrant the ridiculous cost.

I feel like the devs don't really know how to even handle Rage Juggernaut, I don't recall a single time it's ever been in a satisfyingly good place.

I didn't play Rage Juggernaut beyond the minimal necessary to have a fair Idea of how it works and I really don't like that your ressource management has been greatly tied into using your new discipline-specific Enrage Ability tbh. It's made to make sure you have a lot of rage, but it only deals damage if you have 12/12 rage and consumes ALL 12 RAGE on cast for AoE damage that, while not bad, isn't really overwhelming enough to warrant the ridiculous cost.

I feel like the devs don't really know how to even handle Rage Juggernaut, I don't recall a single time it's ever been in a satisfyingly good place.

Is the enrage ability still on the PTS though? Last I checked during the most recent phase that wasn't a thing anymore. That or it's just really really buggy and is failing to proc for me...

I really didn't like the Rage specific enrage ability so if it is gone I'm glad they removed it - but now it's just normal enrage and they don't get a discipline specific effect beyond generating some extra rage.

If the devs wanted to go further into having rage as the burst spec there are plenty of things that could be done to make it interesting without consuming 12/12 rage and nuking your entire rotation.

Is the enrage ability still on the PTS though? Last I checked during the most recent phase that wasn't a thing anymore. That or it's just really really buggy and is failing to proc for me...

I really didn't like the Rage specific enrage ability so if it is gone I'm glad they removed it - but now it's just normal enrage and they don't get a discipline specific effect beyond generating some extra rage.

If the devs wanted to go further into having rage as the burst spec there are plenty of things that could be done to make it interesting without consuming 12/12 rage and nuking your entire rotation.

Yeah it is gone now and normal rage is now back to being fury Mara's Berserk but different name.

Rage Juggernaut has potential but they got no idea how to realize it.

IIRC Rage does get the movement speed bonus on enrage that on live is part of the Unshackling Rage utility (though the rootbreak is baked into on of the optional choices). So that is something exclusive, though not overwhelming.

You just have to look at what tactical rage juggernaut got, pretty bad once

we have to run furry/concentration tactical.

the reason people don't play rage spec is the rotation is 10 ability + enrage + furious power

and in high end operation you need stim + relic activation if the content is lower then 75.

its unnecessarily Busy for what you get out of it damage wise/ or utility wise.

but i still love this spec but play it less and less for each expansion cause no dev remembers it exist

Sigh

Edited by MuxhtarAbdirahm

You just have to look at what tactical rage juggernaut got, pretty bad once

we have to run furry/concentration tactical.

the reason people don't play rage spec is the rotation is 10 ability + enrage + furious power

and in high end operation you need stim + relic activation if the content is lower then 75.

its unnecessarily Busy for what you get out of it damage wise/ or utility wise.

but i still love this spec but play it less and less for each expansion cause no dev remembers it exist

Sigh

Almost Ironic how the one spec in this game that would have benefited from well placed Ability pruning and strength re-distribution didn't get it in any meaningful way while everyone and everything else got absolutely mauled in some way from said pruning.

Almost Ironic how the one spec in this game that would have benefited from well placed Ability pruning and strength re-distribution didn't get it in any meaningful way while everyone and everything else got absolutely mauled in some way from said pruning.

I know right, and it would have been so easy too. Just get rid of Raging Burst and bring back Smash as the main autocrit (buff its damage to do reasonable single target damage). Give us in the tree the option to buff its damage but make it single target as a tradeoff, another option for it to buff your AoE damage (maybe give Sweeping Slash a massive buff for a few GCD's after Smash) and think of a third one. Boom, that's one ability gone, and you still get either the same (or slightly buffed) single target damage or extra AoE damage (which Rage severely lacks atm).

While they're at it, give us a mod for Obliterate so it doesn't move you, that would be lifesaving in some situations and desperately needed. Rage needed some real loving but sadly Bioware decided to ignore that and leave Rage in the gutter.

I know right, and it would have been so easy too. Just get rid of Raging Burst and bring back Smash as the main autocrit (buff its damage to do reasonable single target damage). Give us in the tree the option to buff its damage but make it single target as a tradeoff, another option for it to buff your AoE damage (maybe give Sweeping Slash a massive buff for a few GCD's after Smash) and think of a third one. Boom, that's one ability gone, and you still get either the same (or slightly buffed) single target damage or extra AoE damage (which Rage severely lacks atm).

While they're at it, give us a mod for Obliterate so it doesn't move you, that would be lifesaving in some situations and desperately needed. Rage needed some real loving but sadly Bioware decided to ignore that and leave Rage in the gutter.

Maybe just bake in obliterate into sundering assault so we don't have to jump (to many bosses that have jump inmmunity that just pushes you way this days) and that would make 1 less ability

Edited by MuxhtarAbdirahm