Please Give Us Glam and 'Pretty'

JakRoanin

i don't think they have it coded or working for their engine, ive never seen a metallic or shiny dye, maybe designer preference to keep the game looking a certain way, or they just can't/wont code it in properly.

Actually, I think they do have it. Try on or preview some of the armors you can buy for Light Side or DS points. They're not super shiny, but they definitely have more gloss than the usual stuff.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen armors with shiny finishes but not dyes that make things shiny.

My idea of "glam" is armor with shimmers, rhinestones, sequins, beads, crystals, and other shiny flair. I don't think we have much of that, maybe 2 outfits?

My idea of "pretty" is armor with patterns that dye well. I'd love to have a black outfit where the primary and secondary colors change the two layers of patterning (embroidery/etc).

If I could have one new thing in armor, it would be casual shoes. We have boots, armored boots, more boots, and one set of sandals. That's it. If you just want a pair of flats, space-sneakers, whatever, you're out of luck.

Grr I can't find a way to upload my Steam screenshots to Imagur to prove I have no issue with showing a bit of skin, none at all. That wasn't my issue. My issue was that pretty and glam doesn't mean R-rated. So, the whole discussion of what's good for the 'children' is off-topic and irrelevant to this topic.

(Besides I wouldn't put it past the tweens-teens to be the primary users to the slave-girl outfits.):rolleyes: and for that I blame parents/guardians, not the game.

When it comes to SW's pretty and glam I tend to follow the Dark Horse Tales of the Jedi, and Padme as the primary aesthetics.

Pretty sure whichever dev looks after dye combinations is colour-blind. So many truly horrible combinations. Most of the ones I get are immediately destroyed or vendor-trashed (if able to be sold) as they are utterly ghastly colours.

Yeah like the Country Time yellow and pink. I'd like to see more metallic gold and tan. Maybe even a shiny silver (i.e. beskar) if that's possible (I doubt).

Edited by BelorfinSiana

Great OP & thread topic, couldn't agree more. Girly decorations are so lacking - not even a {purple rug} or {pink rug}, just reskin the {Luxurious Rug} or some other huge rug (I'm sick of the smaller rugs, never really use them). Purple Twi'lek - again, reskin please, it's canon for crying out loud:( More girly decorations. Put the Purple Sith Library decoration in game already (the one from the Korriban Sith Academy/ Thanaton's estate).

It's just out-of-touch. Please add jewelry like Sith Amulets, bracelets, hair ties (one of the newer long braided hairstyles has a gold piece of jewelry that looks awesome that I use), & other jewelry like some female SW comic book characters have.

Edited by BlackSilverDawn

Ms. Ko, please help us out. We desperately need more glam and 'pretty' items in this game.

Won't happen. Every modern game has to be as bloody and brutal and have totally muted colours.

Ever noticed that with all Cartel Market armors the colours blue, green and yellow are completely missing ? And that red red red clearly overshadows everything ? Not to mention black.

I call this "the heavymetalization of games".

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I would love to see more civilian clothes of every style! (It really doesn't help that many of the nice, simple styles we do have can't be dyed :mad:) When I watch the prequels I just drool over all of the clothing and hairstyles! To be honest, most heavy armor all looks the same to me. Unless it has fur! We could use a lot more armor with fur or reptile textures! Edited by Damask_Rose

nah its star wars. go play barbie online or something instead. seriously?

Good Joke.

Another thing they could do is add some gemstones to armor pieces. And it could be cool if they started using different fabric textures, Silk, Velvet, Taffeta, Crepe, etc.

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.