The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can walk around the "Change in the Force" Combat Style change level

Toxilium

When I loaded in and had to choose my second combat style, it went smoothly with the cinematic and I was able to choose my second Force combat style.

However, my character's combat style tab still showed the "Accept Mission" button or whatever. When I clicked it, I was able to launch into the Force combat style area again, but there was no cinematic. Instead, I loaded in and was able to walk around the level. Only way out was to use a fleet pass or ship teleport.

When I loaded in and had to choose my second combat style, it went smoothly with the cinematic and I was able to choose my second Force combat style.

However, my character's combat style tab still showed the "Accept Mission" button or whatever. When I clicked it, I was able to launch into the Force combat style area again, but there was no cinematic. Instead, I loaded in and was able to walk around the level. Only way out was to use a fleet pass or ship teleport.

I almost wish you'd recorded that...might have been fun to explore the space.

There is not that much to see. You get the area, if you fall down you land on an invisible plattform with 4% HP left, have yourself a nice view on the underside of the area. If you walk further you will fall again, this time an "invinite" on with a fade-to-black. You will have died from fall damage and wake up back on the ledge.

Related bug:

It seems that this happens when you decline the option to switch your primary combat style on a char with opposside alligement.

Related to that: There seems to be a bug where the option of switching pirimary combat-style on a char with 10k light/dark points and zero dark/light points isn't even offered. Had a full Dark V Jedi-Guardian, could only select the secondary combat style (and then ran into the bug of not even being able to change between primary and secondary one back on the fleet).

But, and here we come back to the topic at hand, I got the Mission to switch combat style due to oppossing alligment again - and landed back in the "switch-area" without any cutscenes playing.

Btw. setting a loadout before selecting your secondary combat style seems to be the fault. For Force- and non-force classes both. If you do this, you will be unable to swap between your primary and secondary combat style once you have your second one selected