New classes

AOrdo

Some suggestion for new combat styles since it will be a thing now.

Commander (or whatever name) :

Support class using mid distance/close combat type of weapons. Will use a combo of buffs and attacks depending of the spec. The idea is to go NPC style with the style allowing to switch between a sword and a blaster pistol depending off the fight/spec.

My idea would be that the main weapon will be the sword (for exemple it could be the blaster or you can choose by placing the main weapon you want in the main slot) and depending of the distance it would be immediately replaced by the blaster (for the basic attack that is). Then the abilities will use the weapon it required.

Also you can have a abilities that makes you able to switch (like snipers can go to kneel/cover) and it will be replacing your bar with the other one (with loadouts and stuff it'll be manageable i believe).

You can also have a stance with sword in one hand and blaster in the other and the animation will do the job (like the punch the jugg do the weapon is unused and there's no issues)

Either method is fine in my opinion it'll depends more on the possibilities by the game mechanics than everything else.

3 specialization :

First line -> Will mainly use the sword (most attacks with the blaster would be replaced by more attacks with the sword)

act like a tank (guardian/juggernaut style with force power abilities replaced by buffs for group or companion)

Slasher -> The balanced spec , with sword attacks and blaster attacks will be a a sworded version of the smuggler (scoundrel) replacing kicks and hits by sword slash. Some buffing abilities but since it's already an heavy dps spec focus will be on damages not buffing (but shotgun attacks can be replaced by buffs actually depends, I'm open to suggestions).

Support -> Mid-distance spec , mostly combo of buffs and blaster attacks. Only one sword attack (AOE stun with buffing speed for party) healing spec based on buffs so it's more like an off-heal that'll ease the heal job.

So that's the new spec for Tech characters. Adding (finally) a sword in the mix.

For the jedi and equivalent combat style could be done that basically combine Force powers and lightsaber attacks. (same principle but you replace blaster attacks by force powers that buffs and/or deal damages)

What do you guys think ?