Regarding the News about Combat Styles

IramUnleashed

Okay. If I'm understanding this correctly, or actually correct me if I'm wrong. Say for example that I have a LS Sith Assassin on my account, and I'm given the choice to switch to Jedi Shadow as my primary. If I did that, would I be switching factions (from Sith Empire to Galactic Republic)? Or am I missing something? I'm just trying to understand this new aspect to the game.

You're not supposed to change factions, only combat styles. Now there is a bug that this happens with though. You're literally left in limbo as to what you can and cannot do. However, I have a light side Assassin I want to change to a Shadow as my secondary style. I will do so. I have a Merc primary with commando seconday (A Mando Commando!). Yet, I'm still in the Empire.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not supposed to change factions, only combat styles. Now there is a bug that this happens with though. You're literally left in limbo as to what you can and cannot do. However, I have a light side Assassin I want to change to a Shadow as my secondary style. I will do so. I have a Merc primary with commando seconday (A Mando Commando!). Yet, I'm still in the Empire.

Ahh, okay. Just using my LS Assassin as a test. I was presented with the option to become a Jedi Shadow, and I was bit uncertain if not confused. Since Jedi is over on the republic faction side, and it would been a bit strange to have a Jedi working for the Empire or something. So I chose to stick it out with Assassin still as my primary and Sentinel as my secondary.