The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about selecting the same combat style twice

Alithia

Hi all,

isn't there supposed to be a quest that let's you check out the combat styles trainer? It wan't there for me or other people on the PTR-

I am a lightning sorc.

Can I pick as a second style sorc again? Then I could have either

loadout 1: sorc lighting

loadout 2: sorc madness

or

loadout 1: sorc lightning pve specced

loadout 2: sorc pvp specced

As a workaround could I pick jedi sage (I am light V also) and apply the inquisitr playstyle (spells and skill icons included?)

There is supposed to be a quest that you can launch immediately if you have ported over a level 1 character from live to the PTS. If you created a level 1 character on the PTS and didn't character copy it from a live server, you will not see the quest. If it still doesn't work, retry or just watch a video that someone else has made about it, or wait til 7.0 launches in under a month.

I don't understand why you'd want to have two of the same combat style (which isn't possible) when loadouts are going to be a thing that lets you swap between most of your disciplines.

Loadouts are not on the PTS and since this is the last PTS phase, we are not going to see them before 7.0 officially launches mid December.

In theory, with loadouts you would be able to have about 5 fully customizable presets that you could split however you decide between all your combat styles, disciplines, pve and pvp utilities and gear etc.

You could have your sorc madness, sorc lightning, sorc lightning pvp as 3 of those, then have the remaining loadouts be used for whatever your second combat style is.

If you pick a Jedi Sage as your second combat style, you will be using Sage animations while you have that combat style selected. You cannot alter the animations of the combat styles. If you pick Sorcerer, you use all the Sorcerer animations. If you pick Sage, you use all the Sage animations.

You cannot pick and choose animations from both.

If you picked Sorcerer as your first combat style and hit a certain light side tier while playing, you will be given the option to permanently swap your Sorcerer combat style for the Sage combat style - at which point you would not be able to use the Sorcerer animations at all because you would now be a Sage.

Hope that answers your questions.

Hi, thanks for answering.

I don't understand it completely.

We have 5 loadouts? I thought we had 2. I understood loadout as something that included the combat style.

I am more confused now. What exactly is included in the loadout? I don't want to swap between disciplined and just assign the abilities once. In my case Lighting Sorc PvE and PvP setups.

Hi, thanks for answering.

I don't understand it completely.

We have 5 loadouts? I thought we had 2. I understood loadout as something that included the combat style.

I am more confused now. What exactly is included in the loadout? I don't want to swap between disciplined and just assign the abilities once. In my case Lighting Sorc PvE and PvP setups.

Loadouts, and combat styles are 2 different things.

As a subscriber we can have up to 2 Combat styles, within those combat styles we can make multiple loadouts for each of those combat styles. I'm not fully sure how many loadouts we can have, but I think it's 4-5.

So you can have 3 loadouts for Sorc, and 1 or 2 Loadouts for whatever other combat style you want.

Toraak is correct.

We will have 2 combat styles and 4-5 loadouts depending on sub levels (though that's all subject to change and we may get more over time as the devs optimize their databases etc).

As for what a loadout contains, this is what they have been confirmed to contain:

• Combat style
  • Discipline
  • Keybinds
  • Ability positions
  • ABC choices
  • Outfit (if applicable)
  • Gear

Edited by LordCamTheGreat

Cam, I'm confused. I thought we can choose what ever two playstyles we wanted, right? I copied over my Powertech and I was only able to add a new combat style. I added sniper with the quest cutscene but can't change Powertech, what?

Ok so the reason this happened is because we weren't allowed to use the character creator on the PTS. We had to make a level 1 character on the live server via character creator and copy it over for things to work properly.

In 7.0, you choose your first combat style option during character creation - which you couldn't do on the PTS if you ported over a pre-created level 1 character.

Then you pick your second combat style once you get in game. Both choices are permanent.

You cannot replace the combat style you picked during character creation (though you can swap a force combat style to the mirrored faction's style if you hit a light or dark requirement during story).

The devs have implied that existing characters in 7.0 will be allowed to swap from their pre 6.0 combat style to two brand new combat styles if we wish.

Edited by LordCamTheGreat