The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mirror Classes Different - bug or intended?

LD_Little_Dragon

Specifically: the scoundrel class still has quick shot while the operative has lost the mirror equivalent overload shot

Historically mirror classes have been exactly that, mirrors of each other. Are the differences intended or a bug?

If it's intended to test out different ability builds, then my vote is to keep quick shot/overload in the game, especially for lower levels. Having it makes levelling feel so much better on scoundrel right now that on operative.

For endgame it's not needed so much for the dps specs, but heal specs still get a fair amount of use out of quick shot/overload shot.

I'd assume some degree of different in the (former) mirror classes in intentional. If they were truly mirrors, with exactly the same mechanic affects, there'd be no reason to retain both as Combat Styles. There needs ti be just that littel bit of difference, especially in the tech styles.

I'd assume some degree of different in the (former) mirror classes in intentional. If they were truly mirrors, with exactly the same mechanic affects, there'd be no reason to retain both as Combat Styles. There needs ti be just that littel bit of difference, especially in the tech styles.

The reason would be the Republic ability animations and the Imperial ability animations are distinct from one another, and this serves an important aesthetic purpose.

Of course mirror classes are supposed to be the same. That's been the case for as long as the game has been live, and will continue to be the case after 7.0.

Edited by arunav