The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If there really is a LS/DS legacy unlock barrier in char creation, remove it

xordevoreaux

There is confusion on the forums https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998696 about the need to have a legacy unlock as a requirement to create a character using opposite-alignment combat styles.

Please clarify if that's the case.

The Training In the Force quest can be used only once, and its choices are permanent. I have both LS/DS legacy unlocks.

But for new players unaware there's an alignment legacy unlock requirement, there they are, creating their very first character, and they're limited to their combat styles within their own alignment for lack of a legacy unlock. They use the one-time quest to get another combat style within their faction's alignment.

Then much later, they discover oh, you mean I could've created a toon with both Jedi and Sith combat styles, and now that I have my Dark 5 legacy unlock and blew through the initial one-time quest, I can't go back and reset my combat style, I must create an entirely new character just to do that?

That won't go over well. IF a LS/DS legacy unlock is really a barrier in character creation, remove it.

It's not a goal to be achieved, it's just something that will piss people off.

Edited by xordevoreaux

There is confusion on the forums https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998696 about the need to have a legacy unlock as a requirement to create a character using opposite-alignment combat styles.

Please clarify if that's the case.

The Training In the Force quest can be used only once, and its choices are permanent. I have both LS/DS legacy unlocks.

But for new players unaware there's an alignment legacy unlock requirement, there they are, creating their very first character, and they're limited to their combat styles within their own alignment for lack of a legacy unlock. They use the one-time quest to get another combat style within their faction's alignment.

Then much later, they discover oh, you mean I could've created a toon with both Jedi and Sith combat styles, and now that I have my Dark 5 legacy unlock and blew through the initial one-time quest, I can't go back and reset my combat style, I must create an entirely new character just to do that?

That won't go over well. IF a LS/DS legacy unlock is really a barrier in character creation, remove it.

It's not a goal to be achieved, it's just something that will piss people off.

From what I understand they still can. They just need to get their character to Dark Side *whatever number is required* and will get the option at that point to switch styles (permanently it would seem).

So, they wouldn't be stuck with two light side forms, if they don't want to.