How will we get jawa scraps in 7.0?

Souskebg

You still get gear that you don't want and that you deconstruct.

Are you sure about that? Has it been stated somewhere or you just speculating?

Deconstrucing level 80 isn't possible on the current iteration of the PTS. When I tried out the new fp I could deconstruct some level 75 trash drops, but not the level 80 drops.

Are you sure about that? Has it been stated somewhere or you just speculating?

Deconstrucing level 80 isn't possible on the current iteration of the PTS. When I tried out the new fp I could deconstruct some level 75 trash drops, but not the level 80 drops.

I was able to deconstruct a piece of Conquest gear bought from the vendor. It didn't give Jawa scraps, just the upgrade mat. That's the only thing they promised would come from deconstructing level 80 gear to my knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...
Jawa scrap can still be used to buy Grade 11 mats for level 75 augments, which will still be used at level 80 until a later patch when level 80 crafting adds new augments. On the PTS, deconstructing level 80 gear didn't give jawa scrap, but we don't know if that is intended. It seems so because Bioware said in a post that deconstructing level 80 gear would give mats required to upgrade level 80 gear. They didn't mention anything about jawa scrap. Just have to wait and see.

I get a few from crafting missions and some resource nodes. I haven't paid enough attention to which ones though.

Crafting missions only rewards Jawa scraps when they "fail" and not provide actual materials.

As for the nodes, slicing on Onderon and Mek-Sha gives boxes with scrap. Also archeology nodes - when below 600

- will give scrap instead of crafting mats.