Please Stop Ignoring Crafting.

Sazodeha

What's wrong with crafting?

1) Limited number of items an individual companion can craft

2) Limited number of companions you can send on missions

3) Cap of iLvL / Gear Score of items you can craft

4) The "+ X % to CRIT" Mods et. al, have been shown to be statistically insignificant. IOW, one of my level 50 companions can craft 100 {WIDGETS} with me in my OPs gear. I then remove said gear, put on gear that adds + 60% to crit (where their base is 75% already), and there is no discernable difference

I'm sure others can add more.

Well, considering that Crafting would not have been part of the game at all if it weren't for the closed Beta testers that demanded to have it in the game as part of a complete MMORPG experience, I wouldn't really get my hopes up for 7.0.

Crafting was a last minute addition from its very inception and you can tell that it was even 10 years later. It never really became an integral or at least somewhat engaging part of the game.

Looks like no new tier and absolutely nothing for 7.0.

I was so excited about a new tier too...

I understood that there was a new tier of crafting but that augments were staying the same.

Either way a +1 for the OP

...Way too limited worthwhile crafting oportunities for crafters and having to regurgitate an item three times to make it is a nonsense....if they want the items to take longer to make just make the timers 3 times longer instead and let us get on with playing the other parts of the game....jumping in and out of loading screens to crafting alts is just pathetic.

5) Gathering missions are ' off '. The paradigm at level 700 of gathering (Scavenging, Slicing, Arch, et al) is two (2) Rich, two (2) Bountiful, two (2) abundant, and two (2) moderate with some missions to gather vendor supplies. However, this is not universal. Some skills at the lower levels only have one (1) Rich, and said mission is ALWAYS for one aspect (Metals OR Compounds) for example.

5) Gathering missions are ' off '. The paradigm at level 700 of gathering (Scavenging, Slicing, Arch, et al) is two (2) Rich, two (2) Bountiful, two (2) abundant, and two (2) moderate with some missions to gather vendor supplies. However, this is not universal. Some skills at the lower levels only have one (1) Rich, and said mission is ALWAYS for one aspect (Metals OR Compounds) for example.

Yeah it's bugged IMO...

crafting hasn't been interesting to me since 1.x...maybe 2.x. the joy of reverse engineering items to create a whole gamut of new possibilities was really fun. alas, crafting has become more and more boring and streamlined ever since.

Oh yes, that was great good fun. RE took patience and persistence, but it was exciting.

And in those days, pre-4.0, the Companions had personality and were each unique, plus they actually kept up with you instead of lagging way behind.

The game had challenge in those days, before the Great Dumbing Down that was 4.0

Some of us play for that alone.

In MMOs crafting made some of the most satisfying parts of MMOs and playing them.

Please DEV, do something with it other than ignoring it or working towards eliminating it. It needs new life!!!

Shhh..... they will just add more levels of crafting components to craft components to craft components to craft components before you can actually craft something useful....

Looks like no new tier and absolutely nothing for 7.0.

I was so excited about a new tier too...

Based on what info? I'm genuinely curious or is it based on the fact that they haven't said anything yet about crafting and therefore you assume the worst?

Based on what info? I'm genuinely curious or is it based on the fact that they haven't said anything yet about crafting and therefore you assume the worst?

Well first... they haven't said anything about crafting indeed.

Second, they mentioned that they are planning to get rid of augments, but for now the 6.0 ones will be usable.

Which means no new augments. Which means that even if there is a new tier, there'll be pretty much nothing interesting to craft.

That being said, I really hope I'm wrong!

Edited by Pricia

Well first... they haven't said anything about crafting indeed.
Right so that's not an argument because we're still at least a month away from release.

Second, they mentioned that they are planning to get rid of augments, but for now the 6.0 ones will be usable.
Well no augments might actually be a good thing, but I had not read this so far. When did they say this?

Which means no new augments. Which means that even if there is a new tier, there'll be pretty much nothing interesting to craft.
Well, crafting is about a lot more than just augments. It'll be interesting to see but there will be a market for crafted gear I would imagine, especially if the optimization would be better.

That being said, I really hope I'm wrong!
We'll see indeed. I expect we'll see something about crafting yet

I'm probably delusional, but I'm hoping that crafting might become a solo player's gear progression if they don't like to do flashpoints or ops.

As long as they don't gate materials behind flashpoints or ops, which, come to think of it, they probably will. /sigh

I'm starting to think they are making crafting a non playable entity to stem inflation.

Crafters make stuff to convert to credits...the harder the craft the higher prices can be demanded.

Now what if you can't craft anything worthwhile? The gear is clearly going to be non modable for the most part so crafters will potentially just leave the game...especially if there are no cool items to craft.

Those selling on the GTN will only be left selling and re-selling cartel market items...hardly much fun in that.

Since 2012 crafting has been a part of my game play and something I enjoyed between waiting for queue pops...I am going to find it very hard to be entertained if this element of the game disappears.

I'd like to hear from the devs that they have something planned for it because I know I'm not alone and even if its something that is going to be improved (and boy does it need improvement) in say 6 months time I'm happy to wait but the silence is deafening at the moment where crafting in concerned in 7.0

I worry about hearing nothing about crafting. General procedure for Bioware is to make the least palatable changes right before the update drops so there is no time to comment on it and it never goes on the PTS to try out. We're only a few weeks out and they just dropped the conquest bomb, I'm afraid to see what might be next.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.