Possible to play Free with all Subscriber perks unlocked?

Evossan

Greetings all!

Is there a guide to unlocking everything needed to play for free while still having the same perks as Subscribers?

Looking for a guide or something to help show me what can be unlocked while I'm still a subscriber for now :)

Well yes and no. You will need species unlocks if you haven't already played every species. You will need artifact authorization (account). Also Crew Skills (account) unless you clicked someone else's referral at some point in the past. I believe most of the cosmetic unlocks have already been cleared. You will want to buy more server slots.

You can't play ranked warzones, ops, or uprisings. There are limits on space missions and regular warzones too. The biggest difference is the credit cap at 1M, you will need escrow to get around that, but escrows only come in small amounts, biggest is 600K, so I rarely use them. If you do, buy them directly from the CM, they are wildly overpriced on the GTN.

Also when 7.0 drops, you will need to resub at some point after if you ever want to play that content. Same with GS 2.

If your character is already fully equipped - 306 gear, etc, - you don't really need to unlock anything. I recently went Preferred for a couple months and the main thing that affected me was OP access. My equipment didn't change, even though there were Artifact elements - presumably as long as I didn't try to change things. (I settled on a particular Tactical in case I couldn't change it.)

But note - I am fully 306 equipped and I don't need any new gear at this time. The Artifact gear I got from FPs, etc, I just deconstruct anyway.

Edited by JediQuaker

On my pref accounts, I subbed each one for 1 month so I could spend the millions necessary to unlock everything I could as far as perks (and purchase / fully unlock strongholds). If you're legacy 50, a subscriber, and have thrown cash and cc at every possible unlock there is, you should be fine. Mostly.

Details as a pref:

-- With the companion crew unlock, you are limited to 3 crew missions at a time and crafting 1 item at a time per comp

-- You cannot participate in operations

-- The guild bank access unlock will let you pull items out of it (based on rank privs) but you can't withdraw credits

-- If you happen to be a guild leader when you go pref, you guild will suffer Pref-guild-itis

-- You will gain xp 25% slower for toons level 20 and above

-- You will gain renown 75% slower for any level 75's you have when you go pref

-- You will gain valor more slowly

-- You will gain legacy experience more slowly

-- Can't carry more than 1 million credits per toon without the credits going into escrow (cartel coin cost to retrieve)

-- no 500cc monthly grant

-- You will need to pick and choose which toons you want to play via activation

-- Your character slot count will drop to the pref default minimum slot count + any slots your purchased

-- Sanctuary areas (stronghold, cantina) will not grant rested experience

-- You cannot chat freely in gen chat. There's a timer.

-- You cannot exit strongholds to go directly to your starship / fleet if that's not the last place you were

-- You won't be able to purchase speeder piloting 5 if you don't already have it because it's more than 1 mil.

-- Credits received for heroics / mob kills / missions are less.

If you don't have unlocks, you won't be able to:

-- Hide your helm

-- Equip artifact gear

-- Show a legacy title

-- Have more than 2 crew skills

-- Access your guild bank

Edited by xordevoreaux

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.